PDA

View Full Version : Interior: Leather Couches

otacon
04-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Heres a scene i just finished up. I started with the leather couches, trying to get a good looking texture that actually looked like leather...it took a lot of tweaking to get it to where it is now, but im pretty happy with it. Then i just started adding things to the scene trying to make it as realistic as possible. Lightwave for everything. Tell me what you think!
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/otacon/Lroomfinal.jpg

Sceme
04-23-2004, 07:03 PM
nice image. i like the theme. there is something wrong on this image tho, but i can't point it out ;). Well i hope someone can.

Nice render tho ;)

limkinkwan
04-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Looks good!
I think the light Sceme.
wat time? morning,afternoon? The interior seems lighten by others light source, not directly from the sun light. may be add some volumeric light and the lower the intensity for interior lightning would be great!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good Work!

Greylion
04-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Great image !

I think that it looks a bit dreamy like the lighting looks misty I also notice that when I look at the couches they seem grainy, following my eye around the rest of the scene it also seems grainy.

Is this a added signature look of your style or is it the way lightwave renders ? I ask because I have seen other rendered work from other lightwave users and was just wandering.

It makes it seem more real in contrast to those cleaner rendered images we usually see.

What method of lighting did you use ?

otacon
04-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks. Never really thought about what time of day it was. I will say morning. There is a slight touch of volumetric lighting to give a misty atmosphere.
Greylion: Could be my renders only, because i use very similar light setups, and post processing in all my pics. But ive seen some realistic looking renders done with lightwave too. I think it has to do with the radiosity. For my light setup, i usually use interpolated radiosity, which does a good job of filling in dark areas and making soft shadows. I setup the sunlight outside, and then add a few area lights inside where i think it would look best. I then add a few point lights that affect specular only. I add a soft focus filter in PSP to add a softness and glow to the render. Also desaturate the colors a bit, and lower the contrast...helps with the realism.;)

Greylion
04-23-2004, 10:39 PM
thx for the explanation, I look forward to seeing more of your work :thumbsup:

otacon
04-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Its my birthday today so i thought id give my thread a little bump.:D

D.L.
04-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Great!

Looks very well. Thanks :D

richd
04-25-2004, 07:28 AM
hb oct.... hmmm well to me the blanket aand sofa pillows look very fake but the rest of the scene looks really stunning and realistic. if you fix those two as i mentioned it'll be very realistic. and the piece can do with out the guitar.:thumbsup:

mick1919
04-25-2004, 08:59 AM
SO COOL!SO COOL!SO COOL!

davhub
04-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi Otacon!

I agree with limkinkwan... try to define an hour and get the best mood for that hour: I could say it can be a great way to improve your image in communicating emotions.

Concerning your setup... probably limkinkwan is right... there's too much light... expecially it seems there's a ceiling window or something like that... didi you try with some plug-ins for faking GI? You can test with them a lot and try some texture baking.

:)

now the crits are over it starts the funny part :)

Table (glass) the floor, the windows and the picture frames are very well done!

the same for the object spread through the room, except, perhaps, for the guitar... that seems too flat.. (but i do not know why...)

the leather... some parts of the couches are "real" some not!..
for example in the pillows there's too much graininess and bump..

the seats and the side are right, IMO...

Anyway... compliments because, despite all crits I made (with the only purpose to help you) is a really good image!

Keep on rendering!
Davhub

NeBuLa
04-25-2004, 10:19 AM
looks very real man! nice work :thumbsup:

Sin-D
04-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Let me be the first here, Happy birthday!!! :applause:

And now for the scene, well i can't se anything wrong with it the overal look is great and the texturing/lighting is IMO grat as well.

artist71
06-16-2004, 12:49 AM
:beer: I love your renders. All of them. Woo HOO.:applause:

Also, the one thing that you should do is put the name bill at the bottom of the picture. Thats my name.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.