PDA

View Full Version : another contest?

modernhorse
04-23-2004, 04:08 PM
I've tried one and didn't finish. Didn't have time on the last one. But I'm game for the next one (I spose). Any plans cookin?

Obnomauk
04-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm up to my ears and just trying to make time for my short film these days, but if someone wants to start the topic thread and the poll i'll make myself available for Rules generation and tallying the votes at contest end.

-david

thekamps
04-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I am always up for working on ONE contest with any of the spare time that I have. It's great practice.
But...I tend to pick the one contest that is most apealling to me. I'm waiting to see what the next HASH sponsored image contest is going to be. I would love to hear what ya'll want to do as well and see how much participation there might be. I don't like to play alone;)

hoochoochoochoo
04-26-2004, 04:02 PM
TheKamps...
do you not think if YOU submitted a killer contest idea then it'd be more likely that you'd enter it??

As to ideas - lets start the ball rolling (and I think I'd have more time but I want to finish Tardy Dwarf at last this time round...)
Although if I'm permitted a bit more artistic licence this time...

- bugs with human characteristics or vice versa
- furry creatures with human characteristics (or vice versa)
- machines with human characteristics (like robots?) or vice versa

thekamps
04-26-2004, 06:19 PM
TheKamps... do you not think if YOU submitted a killer contest idea then it'd be more likely that you'd enter it??

Statistically speaking that would probably be true but there are a lot of other variables that could make it all mute. But if it were ideas you wanted to see, I did just send Steve a contest reminder and a few contest suggestions. A few of my ideas...

summer scene
childrens toys
monster
animal
movie scene
battle/fight scene
love
sports
mardigras
robot

possibilities are endless!

modernhorse
04-28-2004, 01:36 PM
childrens toys

I like this idea. Hey Kamps, why don't you start out a thread for polling with the ideas that you already posted?

hoochoochoochoo
04-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Mr Horse I think we're a bit early for a choices thread as only you, myself and thekamps have contributed to this thread (apart from obnomauk to say he's busy)

Can I add another choice and one I'd stop everything else for to join..)

- a self portrait (realistic / toon caricature anystyle)

modernhorse
04-28-2004, 02:48 PM
HoochChooChoo,

Well, you're probably right but what's the protocol to assess interest?

Another good idea, but you don't really wanna know what I look like. Actually I could resurrect Zitty and that would be a start. :p

hoochoochoochoo
04-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Well, you're probably right but what's the protocol to assess interest?

I guess while the cat's (Obnomauk) away we can have a play?

I'll do a test thread to assess interest. Actually no! This thread itself will assess interest. If people respond then you know there's interest. If not, then you know maybe we wait till Kungfudork has finished his model and then we have an animation contest instead!

thekamps
04-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Hopefully we will get some more interest/input but if we don't...

We can add "hairy" in front of any of our ideas and we could enter them into this months HASH contest as well...

hairy children's toy
hairy unshaven self-portrait
hairy love (ewwww)

yadda yadda yadda

modernhorse
04-28-2004, 03:52 PM
hahahahaha

Hairy love !!! hahahahaha

hoochoochoochoo
04-28-2004, 04:05 PM
We can add "hairy" in front of any of our ideas and we could enter them into this months HASH contest as well...

damn fine idea, they're obviously promoting the new hair system like when spriticles came out.

hmmm well, we're all AM users, how about some more hairy ideas?

But I DO like Hairy love...

modernhorse
04-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Ok hairy it is then ....

Hairy vegetables or fruits.

hoochoochoochoo
04-28-2004, 04:34 PM
from my bosses email reply on the subject -

In the past I've seen some lovely illustration projects where the rendering of fur in unlikely situations and on unlikely artefacts has been the theme.

so... unusual hairy objects? can't..... resist.... the...... temptation........

how about a hairy troll???

modernhorse
05-03-2004, 02:13 PM
how about a hairy troll??? hehehehehehe ...oh you !

hoochoochoochoo
05-04-2004, 12:25 PM
time is rattling on and any competition needs to start or nothing will happen.
Maybe if we tie in with the Hash competition here -

http://www.hash.com/imagecontest/index.asp

and we work to a deadline similar

"CONTEST TOPIC: 'hairy' submission deadline 6/12/04."

we can get feedback on our submissions?

I like the idea of a hairy troll actually.... (modelling one as opposed to arguing with one here on the forums...)

3DArtZ
05-04-2004, 04:00 PM
How about a contest with the theme of looney toons, where a funny 10 second sound clip from any looney toons cartoon is used and animated to with our own models.
More specifically, the contest moderator finds a nice 10 second clip of some sort of comedy, Tom playing piano while jerry is messing with him,
we take that sound(everyone uses same sound) and we animate it with our own characters to the sound clip. I guess you could use characters from the hash cd if you need to.
Just a thought....
Mike Fitz

modernhorse
05-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Another good idea !

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.