PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Short Film: THE DOORWAY

farhquad
04-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Well after two years my lazy arse hsa moved to a friend's house to ask him for some web space to put the short film I made as final project for the Master of Balearic Islands' University in 2002 (as did my mate Claz).

I've been upset of that shortfilm for all the mails to send to festivals and contests around so it's been long since I did nothing with it.

I thought it's good enogh to show it here for you to see it, crit away and give some kind words too

The server is a 5h1t, and the download is a little tricky. Try to downloading it directly form the link but I allways get an error that way. Instead of that try using one of those Download Managing softs around. I use GetRight and works fine, but sure another one will do the job.

(post data: It seems to be a problem that appers now and then as I'm in the studio right now with a G4 and IE 5 and I don't have any problem dowloading, even more the transfer rate is quite high)

Hope you like it (well, hope you can see it :D) as it was done only by myself in 4 months from concept to modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, ilumination, postproduction and sound. So it was really a heavy task yet to finish on time.

Maybe some of you remember it as I was posting the progress

Here's the link:

THE DOORWAY - DivX - 9.5 Mb (reduce window for better viewing) (http://personales.ya.com/kasika/videos/this_is_the_doorway.zip)

I'm sorry but I don't have an image to introduce what you're going to find if you wait for the download.

I'll be waiting your crits and comments!!

Hope you enjoy the show.

TerianSilva
04-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Great work. This is a creepy movie. Unfortunately the divx compression destroys the image quality a bit. But it is really done nice.
Althought the animations are a bit simple some times.

The music is well chosen! I like it!

farhquad
04-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Has some more people seen the movie?

Anything to say either good or bad?

Well.....:sad:

ambas
04-24-2004, 12:52 AM
i love the music and sounds.. and of course the whole movie..

its just the quality that needs to be fixed

farhquad
04-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Ok, maybe it makes people fall back.

Will try to fix it.

jyao
04-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Very nice job. I really like the mood you've set up with the overall style and music. Definately something I have a taste for.

May I ask what font you used throughout that clip? I'd love to get my hands on it.

farhquad
04-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Yeah, it's a cool type.

It comes with Adobe Font Folio 9 and it's called Bickham Script. It has lots of versions with different weights and special characters with extended serif like those used for words ending a paragraph or sentence.

Look in the Adobe web for more info.

farhquad
05-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Bumpin' in the nite ;)

farhquad
05-25-2004, 02:24 PM
woooooow, I've been selected to compete in Annecy!!!

I had to share it with everybody.

ME :bounce: :bounce: HAPPY

http://www.annecy.org/home/index.php?Page_ID=752&film_id=20040497&back_page=232&selection_categfilm=C3&titre=&realisateur=

Soon2bAnimator
05-25-2004, 05:46 PM
that was excellent how long did it take you to do that?...and how much of it did you do....i couldn't read the credits (too small)

farhquad
05-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Sorry for the short answer but I'm going to sleep :scream:

Everthing from Concept to Postproduction is done by myself in 4 months.

Thanks for the encourage :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.