PDA

View Full Version : ilustration opium's dream

elperrosiames
04-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Hello, this is my first post, done at work during spare time. I work as a video compositor, but I wish I worked as an ilustrator, so donīt be cruel so you donīt kill my ilusion.:p
http://anigon.wanadooadsl.net/opiumsdream.jpg http://anigon.wanadooadsl.net/opiumsdreamsketch.jpg

Pibre3d
04-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Cool! Looks kind of surrealistic. The woman and the animal are great, but I would have liked it better if the background was thought over a bit better.

Lianad
04-23-2004, 04:14 PM
You definately have talent and I can see a lot of potential with this piece.

Overall I think you did a great job, but it just doesn't look finished to me, it needs a lot more refining. The woman and the beast are the closest to looking finished in my eyes, you have some very nice smooth blending on the skin. I just think it needs to be refined a bit more and cleaned up a little bit.

I think the smoke from the pipe is just all wrong (but thats just my opinion). I can tell it is supposed to be smoke from the shape and where it is placed, but it looks like its carved out of wood or rock. I think it needs to be more whispy and softer around the edges to give it that smoke feel. In some anime/cartoon styles you will see hard edged smoke like this, but it just doesn't seem to match here with the style you have going on..

The background... I think you could do a lot of work here. The rocks in the foreground have a great start, I just think they look to monotonous. I'd try adding some more colors to them, break up the same 3 shades of grey. I also think in some places you went a little overboard with the shadows on the rocks, almost looks like they are thickly outlined in black, hope that makes sense.

The tree has a good shape to it, just doesn't seem like you finished it. I'm not a fan of the grass at all either, looks just too plain, there really is no depth with it or to the image at all. It is really flat looking. And of course, I think the sky could use a lot of work as well..

Please don't take any of these as negatives, I'm just trying to help. You definately have talent, and I like your style very much. I think the subject and content of this picture has GREAT potential, and I think if you work on the areas I mentioned above this could turn into a pretty damn awesome piece.

Hope I helped in someway, I look forward to seeing any changes if you decide to make them.

elperrosiames
04-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Great replies, thank you very much!
I agree with most of it. Iīm afraid I was too lazy at the end of work, and wanted to finish before I should. Also, I tend to enjoy much more drawing figures than landscapes.
Talking about the smoke, I wanted to give it a stone-finish, like if it was a very heavy smoke, that transformed to stone in contact with air, or something like that. Obviously it doesnīt work, as nobody realized it, even here at work. I suppose it was a freaky idea, but I wouldnīt like to leave the concept away. Iīll continue working in that ilustration and post it again.
Thak you very much!!:thumbsup:

BazyBen
04-26-2004, 03:01 PM
wow, that is awesome! i love it.
reminds me of dali
the only thing that bothers me is the grass, i dont know why, i just dont like it, maybe its the color or something.
other than that its great! :thumbsup:

studiomaxer3d
05-06-2004, 03:59 AM
i think this is great...
would you be interested in getting some illustration/concept art experience?
drop me a message if you are.....

Gnowoga
05-14-2004, 04:29 PM
I love how the animal looks kind of "fluffy." It's not static, it actually interacts with the person there. Great job!

cr0ss
05-14-2004, 07:05 PM
omfg :p
looks weired, but good work, pal.
her head looks a little bit big. so crazy :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.