PDA

View Full Version : scene:Starship landing

prasa
04-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi! ... my last work .. base elements in 3dsMAX 5.1, may be 1.5 hours work, then playing with graphire 3 A5 wacom tablet in Photoshop 7 ... for .. hmm .. 8 hours work ... cca 10 hours work at all

i was aiming for strong sci-fi atmosphere, hope i didn't miss

c&c welcome

http://artillery.szm.sk/MainShip_Landing.jpg

hope link will work ...

alti
04-23-2004, 07:57 AM
you are so into homeworld- nice work there.
I'm a huge fan of the big old floating spacecraft landscapes- and if i had my way all landscapes would have a big floating city sized mech drifting on the breez.

I would maby loose the smaller ships leaving the trails on the sky, but that is only a very small critic overall.

kaptah
04-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Good work, like colors and athmosphere

gnou
04-23-2004, 09:46 AM
love it, it reminds me the homeworld game!

Mr_Zworp
04-23-2004, 10:08 AM
great image, I really like the lighting of the whole piece. I can't see anything to crit right now.

breathing
04-23-2004, 10:24 AM
good work!!
i like the color of the sky and whole pic.....
i hope to see more details of the spaceship!!

Garma
04-23-2004, 11:07 AM
nice colors, great piece but it doesn't look like it is about to land, merely like it's just hanging there.

great mood tho

prasa
04-23-2004, 05:21 PM
well ... thanks a lot for nice words guys

alti> that litle ships are for making main ship gigantic ... for some people it wasn't very obvious that ship has mile height :)
... and i like big floating mech things too

homeworld> homeworld is more artistic game i ever seen ... in fact i didn't play it because of chaos on 3d batlefield but art&music there is superb .. i very appreciate it
but to be frankly here it was not my inspiration .. i just needed very tall shape because of pic format and impression of big height, and after many tweaks this shape fitted best
.. i planned something more spheric, but it didn't look like i intended .... but of course i must admitt it reminds homeworld Mothership strongly .. of course sphere would have remind star wars vol.II trade federation ships and so on and so on :)

next time i'll be really authentic .. i'll try i'll try i'll try

brkofdon
04-24-2004, 02:03 AM
without that robot sitting there watching. it would'nt of been as cool! great job!:thumbsup:

XavierG
04-24-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah, you definitely have the right atmosphere :beer: , ver fast work pace too! The ebst thing in it is that the colors are so appropiate that everything seems fantastic and natural at the same time.
What is good inspiration to design ships anyways? I mean ive been practicing my mechanical skills of ate, but i still cant find something that really fires my imagination.
great stuff

BeaverFlens
04-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by prasa
....i was aiming for strong sci-fi atmosphere, hope i didn't miss....

well, the city isnt very hightech, but the droids help
maybe a landing pad?

and nothing says sci-fi like two moons, think about that ;)

MainlineX
04-25-2004, 03:33 AM
Nice work!!!

picksel
04-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Nice work! Good render.I think the clouds should be worked a little more, on Google I think that you will have easily to find pictures there above .

then playing with graphire 3 A5 wacom tablet

wow! :eek: It's not to be easy to worked on A4?
Personnely, I would have somes difficult to work it!

Anyway, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sean7782
04-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Nice, I love those floating cityscapes and this one actually takes it with a twist, very well done!

prasa
04-26-2004, 09:13 AM
BeaverFlens> i was thinking about two moons but if there is really horrific cliche it is two moons to advertise YOU ARE ON OTHER PLANET!! .. no thanks .. i like litle uncertainty
... and city was supposed to be non high tech .. original version was without robot and antennas and cables .. but it looked bit like Aliens take over Khabul so i added that stuff

xav> thanks, if there is something to be proud of, it is color scheme ..:) ... thanks for noticing

tekila> for me i got very early armache working with A4 tablet ... A5 is best option for me

and litle english lesson to end
what means phrase "takes it with a twist" ??? .. didn't find it in vocabulary :)
and what the hell is this brkofdon ?!?!??@?#?! : "it would'nt of been as cool!" ........ u are from oregon so i assume it must be english but it doesn't seem like

blueput
04-26-2004, 09:54 AM
wow!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.