PDA

View Full Version : still: egg II (unnecessary digital violence part II)

GabrielSilver
04-23-2004, 02:11 AM
Hi!

Although I have a very similar thread in this gallery I have to post this one to be fair to the people who already read my other thread (and helped me with c&c). (who reads a thread in the finished gallery more than once?) I changed some parts of the scene according to c&c in the other thread, thanks for every word :) (nails tip is more rounded now, blood on the left touches the ground correctly) For those asking how the "blood" was done: its a simple glass material with some absorption to it. Everything in this pic was polymodeled by hand, no fluid simulation or particles were used.

Ok, let's make it quick, here's the image:

http://www.dbi.ch/gabrielsilver/ei7_2.jpg

[EDIT - READ IF IMAGE IS DEAD]
In case the picture above is dead I've uploaded an optimized version under 20k for you - just scroll down.

rsjrv99
04-23-2004, 02:14 AM
I always liked red yoke...

Nice picture!

ambas
04-23-2004, 02:37 AM
hmmm very nice.. but it could be better

get the egg shell to crack a bit where the nail is

Novakog
04-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Wow, this is really nice! The rendering is perfect and the blood looks absolutely fantastic - the effect of its "dripping" down the side is supremely executed!

My only crit would be, yeah, it should be more cracked than that. And the way an egg breaks shouldn't just be cracks, there would be fairly large pieces of it broken off but still "sticking" to the rest of the shell. For R&D on this project, even though it's a simple image, actually hammer a nail through an egg and take a picture!

But fantastic, nevertheless! :bounce:

Sqwall
04-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Very cool. ;)

Phrenzy84
04-23-2004, 09:07 AM
very nice, i like this piece alot. I seen your other one, that was also very good. This one the blood is more, in your face , seeing how the rest of the image is white. Nioce use of contrast.

Great blood, very realistic, i suppose it would take an age to figure out how to get blood to look like that by a simulation.

look forward to seeing more of your work.

DaJuice
04-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Hehe, that's very neat. I have to say it looks more like some kind of berry sause than blood, you know, that stuff they always drizzle on the dessert plates at fancy restaurants. Idunno. It's good though, the picture I mean.

bastiaan
04-23-2004, 09:56 AM
That is the most original thing I've seen in a long time here!! :buttrock: Really great pic.. I'm wondering why I didn't come up with that hehe Show a wire please!

Helgi
04-23-2004, 10:09 AM
I only see a red X :surprised

GabrielSilver
04-23-2004, 12:30 PM
the other image seems to be dead... so here's an optimized version. too bad you cant attach files to postings when you edit them :( (somebody should change this)

SimonReeves
04-23-2004, 12:58 PM
very nice original image you have there :)

the base of the eggcup looks like glass to me [where it looks solid up top], becasue the floor is the same colour.

thats not really an issue though, just something I noticed ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.