PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Rubicon Preview

brianellebracht
04-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Hello. I have been really busy lately with work... but I am still working on some stuff in my spare time. I made this image last night because I really wanted to post my new model. I am currently working on a new animation with it rock crawling on video footage. Hope you like! Sorry its so dark, wanted to try something different, like it was being lit with the flash of a camera. Thank you for your time,
Brian

http://www.digitaldejavu.com/back.jpg

Helgi
04-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Very nice concept, I like that night shot :) but there are few minor glitches that I think that would improve your image:

- The lighting might need a little bit of tweeking here and there
- The trees in the background are much more blurry and grainy than the car
- You might try to add a little dirt on the car texture and some scratches and stuff on the front bumper
- The grass is too glossy/reflective

:thumbsup:

brianellebracht
04-23-2004, 01:35 AM
thanks for your tips, I have a textured version for the animation.
Here is a shaded view...
http://www.digitaldejavu.com/enviro.jpg

Brian

ambas
04-23-2004, 01:44 AM
everything looks great and very real!

just maybe dirty up the car

meats
04-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey Brian,

Nice work, as usual!
I've been wondering what you've been working on lately..

I guess the only thing I would say is that I agree that it just looks a bit too clean. Other than that, it is super realistic. You have got to be one of the best hard surface modelers that I know.

I can't wait to see what you do with the animations, your motion tracking is always spot-on.

Glad to see your new work!

Helgi
04-23-2004, 04:05 PM
I forgot to say that's some really impressive modeling! cant wait for the animation :)

p.s. are you using Maya?

Sceme
04-23-2004, 08:07 PM
beautiful car model. Nice render. I agree those previous comments. But still, nice one :)

brianellebracht
04-24-2004, 12:37 AM
hey, thanks a lot for the replies! I agree that it is to clean. This was an image b4 my texture work. Can't wait to show you the animation Meats. Thanks for the reply. Talk to you guys later,
Brian

brogh
04-24-2004, 12:56 AM
absolutely great modeling job man

love this really a lot

:beer:

wish i could model in that way

:bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce:

dodgy
05-04-2004, 02:38 AM
this is awesome!

very detailed. how did you modeled it (polys, nurbs?) and where did u find blueprints? :P

have to say again - impressive!

brianellebracht
05-04-2004, 09:25 PM
thanks guys. I am working on the animation now, it is a 22 sec matchmove. I did work off of some blueprints, if you want I can dig them up, but they were just the regular wrangler, the rubicon details I added from photo reference. Thanks!

Brian

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.