PDA

View Full Version : Animation:107.6 Degrees

tubby
04-22-2004, 04:26 AM
http://puhalacg.com/broken/tucitree.jpg

Hello everyone! My wife and I have just finished our first short entitled "107.6 Degrees". It's been a work in progress for a while now, but since we're graduating shortly we focused on finally finishing it. Thanks to all our friends and teachers for your help along the way. I hope you guys enjoy it.

!! Warning!!! The sizes vary around 50mb so be warned. The short is like 3 minutes long and when I try compressing the file down any more I lose too much quality so I hope you guys don't mind.

here's the links:

1076degrees(320x240)mpeg (www.stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076withcopyrightsmall.mpg)

1076degrees(640x480)divx (www.stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076degreesdivx.avi)

Dgibson's mirror:

1076 degrees(640x480)divx (www.rsad.edu/~dgibson/1076degreesdivx.avi)

Autarkis's mirror:

1076degrees(640x480)divx (http://www.phantomflow.com/mirror/1076degreesdivx.avi)

Mattmos's mirror:

107.6 degrees(640x480)divx (http://www.mattmos.com/anims/1076degreesdivx.avi)

roguenroll
04-22-2004, 04:43 AM
very nice, great character development, cute story, nice character interaction.

:thumbsup: what can I say

brkofdon
04-22-2004, 04:43 AM
I've seen a lot of this work in its process. and i am super stoked for the final result!!! these dang puhalas are really accomplished animators, and im really happy to know them. a definite inspiration!!! dang i gotta get drawing now!!! :beer: CHEERS!

Issaac
04-22-2004, 04:56 AM
HAHA :thumbsup:

It made me lough. Verny nice! I especialy loved the szene where the little "thing" comes in in slow motion.

Venge
04-22-2004, 06:44 AM
ALL HAIL THE PUHALAS!

Holy holy holy crap you guys!
Beautiful. Great staging, great characters, and wonderful animation! It may have taken you a while but it was well worth the wait.
That decides it. You can't stay in P town any longer. You've got to make a move to the Bay Area. After graduation you will have no end of interested employers. I'll get this sent to all the people I know down here.
I'd say I'm speechless but I'm obviously not.
You are both amazing.

I love you guys!

fellah
04-22-2004, 02:09 PM
oooh tubbyloo and mebamonster!
this is something I've been waiting for since the first glimpse you showed year(s) ago.

the colors are so nice, and the syle, and the characters, and the animation, and the music and.. everything is so full of character!

is this a parady on you 2 maybe? :D (I hope not ;) )

well worth the big DL for any skeptics.

(please remember me when you get famous :) )

uRiDiAN
04-22-2004, 04:18 PM
haha... excellent work. i laughed out loud when the little guy was jumping on the big guy... all 7 or 8 times i replayed it... :)

there was just a little bit in the beginning that seemed just a little slow, but that could be because i have the attention span of a small rodent right now. :)

FYI, you have a single black frame just after the one pulls the other one by the tail out from under the shade...

definately something for me to aspire to by the end of my college career. :)

SpiritWalker
04-22-2004, 05:02 PM
This is Front Page quality!!!!!

i loved it all, you guys rock!!!! Style is so good, characters are amazing, animation is superb!!!!

it was incredible!! loved every moment of it

Manwich
04-22-2004, 05:06 PM
The Link doesn't seem to work??

or am i just losing it!!

regards

Manwich

leet
04-22-2004, 05:16 PM
i think badwidth was met... ah man, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

tubby
04-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Wow thank you all, I'm so glad you like it! What did you do to my website though, it's down! :) I wanna respond to all your awesome comments but I'm scrambling to figure out how to fix this. Ok, hold tight, I'm going to see if I can find some friends to mirror this or something, not really sure how this works. If anyone is willing to help it would be appreciated, and there's a large hazelnut Mocha in it for you!. :shrug:

mebamonster
04-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Wow! What a wonderful response! Thank you for taking the time to look at our little short! Tubby and I are so very glad you liked it!
roguenroll: thanks!

brkofdon: We're so glad you liked it! Now get back to drawing darnit! You gotta post more of your great work for the rest of us to see!

Issaac: We're so glad it made you laugh! Thank you for the kind words!

Venge: You are always so good to us! Of course Tubby and I are up for moving anywhere once we graduate...and it'd be great to be near friends. We're so glad you liked our short.

fellah!!: Hey buddy it's great hearing from you! Glad you liked it! Hee hee no..this isn't a parody of us. If it were, there'd be a bunch of computer monitors and very little movement. J/k

uRiDiAN: Thank you for your comments, especially that darned black frame. Heh, I thought I saw something funny when I played it after exporting it...I'll have to find that pesky frame and get rid of it:)

SpiritWalker:Wow Thanks! There are so many wonderful comments I just don't know how to respond!:)

Manwich: Dude, I'm sorry...as Tubby said...our website got murdered with the bombardment of downloads

leet: Sorry! We're trying to figure out a solution to the darned bandwith issue right now

Man
04-22-2004, 06:27 PM
i'm gettin' a dead link here dude:sad:

LFShade
04-22-2004, 06:49 PM
So, you decided to "go public" with it after all. Congratulations on finishing the short; you already know what I think of it (two thumbs up, and maybe even a couple of big toes as well!). You deserve all the praise given here so far, along with all the praise I'm sure you'll get after you get your link up and running again:thumbsup:

RH

POPOEVER
04-22-2004, 07:06 PM
really expect to see it:cry:

mattmos
04-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey guys,

well done on producing such a polished short, I've watched it several times and it keeps getting better. I agree with earlier comments that the opening is a little slow, a few too many signs maybe, and the character designs take some getting used to, especially when you can see both eyes from the back of the head. But the animation is superb, and the strong colours are great. Top work :thumbsup:

As I was lucky enough to download while it was up I'll post a mirror to your file - my site won't last long though with a 50mb file being downloaded, so someone else will have to help out!

107.6 degrees (http://www.mattmos.com/anims/1076degreesdivx.avi)

leet
04-22-2004, 10:50 PM
OH MY HEAVENS!

That was sooo delightfully good. I love the characters, all of them... so inspiring.

I like the color choices and the animation is top notch.

dgibson
04-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Beautiful short. I am very interested in the fact that the two of you worked on this together. I think thats great and I'm curious how it affected you both.

The characters are perfect in my opinion, i like the blue fella. The interaction between the purple (kangaroo-like) character and the blue one is the best and strongest part.

Great Job.

Here's another mirror to the DIVX version:

107.6 Degrees DIVX - MIRROR (http://www.rsad.edu/~dgibson/1076degreesdivx.avi)

david.

www.rsad.edu/~dgibson

requiem
04-23-2004, 12:25 AM
ah yeah, finally finished!!! It turned out beautiful!!! Love it. I'd mirror for you guys but my bandwidth is used up at the moment (I think it's don's fault- the dirty rat!!!) I'm really glad you guys decided to post it.

Jason

tubby
04-23-2004, 01:05 AM
Thank you sooo much dgibson and mattmos for posting those mirror's I am very grateful for your kindness! We really appreciate you taking time and space to help us out, I owe you two coffee!!We're trying to fix this issue with our webhost and will hopefully have it resolved very soon.

dgibson, thank you for those kind words! It was a great experience working with my wife together on a project. We are used to being around each other all the time, we've worked at the same jobs in the past so we developed a relationship that makes it perfectto work on projects together because we don't get sick of each other and can understand each other really well. Most of the ideas and creativity stem from collaborating both of our visions together into one. We learned lot doing this short and we look forward to starting a new one in the near future.

leet, thank you! Im happy the colors we chose are getting comments, we tried to make it as "candy-like" as possible.

mattmos, wow, thanks, I'm stoked you liked it! Yeah, i agree the beginning is slower than the end. It seems like their interaction is the funnest pace, but without the beginning the story would be weaker i think. I think if I editied some of the shots tighter it wouldn't be so slow in the opening scenes, but I promised myself no more changes. :) Thank you for your suggestions and kind words! :)

Hey LF!!Yeah , we finally decided to post it! Thanks buddy for the kind words.

Hey fellah, hows it going buddy! Is it a parady?ouch! Actually, from sitting in front of the computer so much I do feel like the fat purple guy, and Amila is hyper and abusive! ahahaha, I'm gonna pay for that.

Heather you a sweetheart! Thanks fo rthe kind words and hopefully we'll be sipping sapphire tonics together in the near future!!

Thank you Issaac, uRiDiAN, SpiritWalker, thank you and I'm really happy at your responses. Its comments like yours that have made us feel like we have succeded in communicating our creative vision. :blush:

SpiritWalker
04-23-2004, 10:48 AM
*bump*

i just think more people should see this wonderful short film.

brkofdon
04-23-2004, 08:19 PM
just wanted to reply again, i just watched it again, its just so cool, i kinda want to draw weird animals like that now! hehe. :wavey: ....(back to drawing)

bledsoed
04-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey guys

Looks great, no real comments other then that, i like how the fighting turned out, if i remember correctly you where still working on that scene a little.

congrats you two, now i just need to finish my super hero short.

Good luck to you both

Derek Bledsoe

mebamonster
04-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks to the Art Institute of Portland, we now have a server that should be able to handle the bandwidth without a problem. YAY!!! Again, we'd like to thank Mattmos and dgibson for helping us out with mirrors.

SpiritWalker: thanks for the bump:)

Brkofdon: We're stoked you like it! I'd love to see you come up with some strange animals. Your drawing style is awesome and I bet you could come up with some awesome characters!

Bledsoed: Thanks for the vote of support. I really can't wait to see how your short comes out. The characters and world you guys created are begging to be shown off!

bledsoed
04-24-2004, 01:24 AM
Hey guys

if you want to see how the project is going i am posting my progress here at cgtalk, i already have some of the scenes animated, and by monday i should have more updated

The animation, thus far.
http://www.nwsdk9s.org/derek/streetScene_Scene3_Shot1_8B.avi

the thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126003&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

best of luck to you both, and i will see you two around school.

Derek

chrisrw
04-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Brilliant work , you should both be very proud! I wish you luck with getting into festivals and such.... unless youre competing against my film. =)

ambas
04-24-2004, 06:20 PM
that looks amazing.. you should be very proud..
i love the fighting part too :applause:

tubby
04-25-2004, 02:27 AM
hey bledsoed, how ya doin!? We checked out your thread, boy your short is really coming along! I can't wait to see that project done, it really has a good story. Thanks for the comments !

Hey Chris, thanks man, I wish you luck too, let me know if you make it in or not!:)

Thanks tacit for the kind words! its weird but we feel a mixture of being proud and self concious!:beer:

squib
04-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Woohoo! It's finished! :beer:

You guys rock. I know what you mean about feeling self-concious, but really, this turned out way too good to be self-concious about. I love the style of the characters and the world you created. And, of course, the animation and story are great. Congratulations to the both of you!

HenningK
04-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Great great great. Man, those character designs. The camel is my favorite cos he blinks and it makes a wet slapping sound. awesome.
The first viewing, I didn't get that the kangaroo's shade tree had been eaten and thats the reason why he had to hunt for another, but no worries, it all made sense at the end.
Great fight scene.
Also, yay for Portland,
love,henning

Rudity
04-25-2004, 11:57 PM
So, I'm sitting at work and buddy beside me pops this badboy up frullscreen and starts watching it. I'm a bit snoopy so i start to watch it out of the corner my eye.. For like 1 second, then I shoved him over and had to get front row. So much style and apeal. Couldn't take my eyes off of it.

I love the style, and the animation is so fun to watch.

I especially liked how the blue dude was pushing off of the purples guys face. That cracked me up bigtime.
If i was to critique anything, it would be the story, and how they ended up fighting, instead of solving the matter a different way. Fighting is the easy way out. (just an overall observation of short films in general, and me nit picking)

So, you guys are going public instead of a film festival sweep?? :p
Entering any film festivals? You should. I woulda payed 5 bucks admission to see this with some other shorts.

Congradulations both of you.
And, I hope there is another short in the works from you guys. That would be awesome.

/Fanboy mode off.
Rudity

tubby
04-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Hello squib, thanks buddy, its good to hear from you, I'm stoked you like it! thanks for the compliments :)

HenningK, thanks man! Yeah, we're pretty new at this short film thing and its strange how hard it is to gauge whether your explaining the story too much or not enough, i totally agree that i could squeeze in a full shot of him and the bare tree as he's sleeping under the sun. Yeah, that camel is one of my favorites too, such a pain to animate though!

Rudity, hows it going! hahaha, thanks man, thats awesome we're responsible for employee abuse! Hey thanks for the critique on the story dude, but coming from someone who just forcefully shoved their own workmate out of their seat I would have to say fighting feels good, wouldn't you agree?ahahahah, just kidding around, yeah, I thought about that for the longest time and I couldn't think of a way for them to resolve their situation without being too cheesy, but i totally agree with you. We were thinking about festivals but I'm still not sure. I'm not completely clear whether most festivals insist on the film not being shown to the public or if its only a select few. We're trying to decide on the festival thing, we're thinking about it, but aren't sure if we even stand a chance.Hearing you say you'd pay money to see this piece among other shorts really feels good man, thanks!:)

neonoodle
04-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Only some festivals require you to not show it online... You should definitely look into festival submission. I'm sure that your short would be at least screened if not win some awards. I was watching it in class and a bunch of people gathered around to check it out. It's good stuff!

bretthardin
04-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Great short.

I loved the styled look and the expressions of the characters. While I was watching it, I wasn't thinking of the technical merit of the piece, but rather I was consumed with the entertaining value of it.

I had a sudden urge to get up and get a glass of water. This would have been a great "Got Milk?" spot!

Good job!

mebamonster
04-27-2004, 06:35 AM
neonoodle: thanks for the comments and info. We may look into submitting to some festivals just to see if anything comes out of it. If not...well, at least we learned a lot in the process:) It's encouraging to hear that you and your classmates enjoyed it.

tallhonkey: hee hee. We're so glad you were entertained to the point of thirst. That's a really big compliment! Thanks! :thumbsup:

mv
04-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Really funny, and well executed. :cool:

[plugged]

Frenkie
04-28-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi!

I have watched your short, and it's really impressive. Nice story, nice heros, nice colors; funny music, well animated.
You deserve beeing on the frontpage!

mattmos
04-28-2004, 08:36 AM
Congrats on the front page dudes! :beer:

violet903
04-28-2004, 09:30 AM
WOW, i really love it :applause: !

I visited your site a few weeks ago and watched all the movies, great stuff (especially "crazy glue" and "karma"). Your models are really original and lovable. It's good to see great character animation done with 3dsmax. Congratulations on the frontpage and hope to see more ! :thumbsup:

Heber
04-28-2004, 09:39 AM
wow that was fantastic guys , i love the animation , especially when the purple guy hits the other guy out of the way to get in the shade, well done guys! best of luck in your future endevours :) (aka more shorts like this one,,)

mimo8
04-28-2004, 11:03 AM
great toon animation
and great visual style

perhaps you could tell how you achived the soft light and still make it animateable (rendertime) - especially when the gecko runs under these stones it looks so nice and soft lightened

congrats

SpiritWalker
04-28-2004, 11:43 AM
told u it was a front page for sure :thumbsup:

man the characters are just so good

good job again guys, i wish u luck in ur way and a happy marridge and may ur only fights be an animated ones. :buttrock:

jbw
04-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Whilst I have not seen any of the concept stuff I did see tubby's avatar in another thread a couple of days ago and thought what a cool character that little purple dude was... he just crys out to be animated! Low and behold 2 days later I see him again but this time he's plugged and it's a short! :thumbsup:

The animation was great as was the sound and music. The whole thing fitted together really well (IMHO). Congrates to both of you... what a team
! :)

I'm heading off to your website now...

ta,
jbw

PiPS
04-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Ahahaha...

I like the characters !
Good work !
:applause:

mangoo
04-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I realy whant to see mor.
:bounce: :thumbsup:

Rogue
04-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Hey tubby! Congratulations! It looks great. Everything is done well. I love the character designs and the style is great. I'm really excited for you. I know you've been working on this for a while and now you've got a great short as a reward. Serious congrates to you and your wife.

So, how does it feel to be done? :)

dgibson
04-28-2004, 03:17 PM
FINALLY!! FRONT PAGE!!!!

This is a great short. and I'm glad to finally see it up there, getting the recognition it deserves. Great Job again guys!

:bounce:
David.

www.rsad.edu/~dgibson

elnady
04-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Good work:wavey:

tubby
04-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Whoohoo front page! Thank you m@, we're so stoked!

Frenkie, thank you, I'm really happy to hear all of your compliments. Thank you!

Hey mattmos, thank you again man, your too kind!:beer:

violet903, thank you! Hey thats cool you visited our site! yeah, we primarily use 3dsmax though there are projects done in Maya as well as Lightwave too. But I think 3dsmax is our most comfortable and favorite to work in.

rayfusion, thanks! Heh, that shot was one of the first shot i finished for the piece, I'm glad you like it! We can't wait to start the next short, we had so much fun making this piece and have learned so much that we can't wait to try it again!

mimo8, the short was rendered using GI to achieve that soft shadow look. Its by no means efficient in rendertime, I think some of the scenes took up to an hour a frame to render. Luckily we had access to multiple computers for rendering to compensate our lack of lighting knowledge. Thank you for the compliments!

SpiritWalker, you called it! thanks buddy, ahahaha, "may the only fighting be animated ones", that was well put! Again, thanks for the support!!

jbw, thank you! I'm really pleased you guys like how the music and sound fits, a friend of ours did the music and another friend did the sound, we hung out at night just collaborating ideas and drinking beer until it pieced together. Sound was one of the biggest obstacles, cuz it can ruin or enhance the visuals so drastically.Thanks again for all of you kind words, it means a lot.:)

PiPS,thank you!

Rogue! hows it going buddy! Thank you. It feels great to be done! We feel a great sense of relief thanks to all of you guys writing in and saying you like it. The biggest fear we had is that we would finish and everyone would think it sucked, thanks for all the encouraging words.:beer:

dgibson, whoohoo, thanks buddy, i really appreciate all your kind words and your help!:beer:

AHMED-3D, thank you!

Pikmin
04-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Great short! I like the charactere design , the animation, the simple texture, but the camera is a pain(not all the animation, but just at some part of it, little part :) ). You should check book about camera shot.

cgartists
04-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I've never had such problems.
I downloaded movie but dunno how to run it. i have WMP6 divx and xvid but could U tell what codec it is made with?
thanx

gigatron
04-28-2004, 04:27 PM
haha that was so great :) Hularious I loved it :)

Man, im studying computer animation.. and hoping to get married soon to someone very dear to me ... i hope my wife gives me ideas like this and we work together make stuff like this for kids :)

This was great :)

sk3d
04-28-2004, 04:56 PM
I have only watched a small part of this and I am already impressed(takes a looooong time to load). Well done. Very nice music choice as well. Done in Max too, nice.:applause:

tubby
04-28-2004, 06:27 PM
hey emoor, I'm not sure what is going wrong. the divx version should open with divx or media player. all i can think of is that it didn't download correctly for you and maybe the file is corrupt, i'm not sure.:shrug:

oxyg3n
04-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Wow, this is really nice. I like the charater designs alot.

Creamdog
04-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Like lemoor, it doesn't open at my pc! Darn, that's really bad. I wanna see your movie, man! The character looks cool, but my mediaplayer gives an error. Syas he doens't have enough filters to properly open the file or something.:cry: :cry:

Adam
04-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Wow I don't know how I missed this... It came out really really great. Great characters and obvoiusly amazing anaimation. Will you guys be starting another or are you gonna take a bit of a breather for a while? Really great!!!

Virum
04-28-2004, 07:30 PM
The short is very cool.......nice use of stretch.

Virum
04-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by oxyg3n
Wow, this is really nice. I like the charater designs alot.

You need the DIVX codec (www.divx.com)

bentllama
04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
I liked these characters when i first viewed your reels. It is great to finally see the finished product.

Very clean and fun.

Looking forward to seeing what is next from the both of you.

DAbuel
04-28-2004, 08:24 PM
We're not Worthy!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

brkofdon
04-28-2004, 09:12 PM
been checkin up on this, waiting for it to touch the front page. and low and behold it did! :applause:

..thats gotta feel GOOD!:bowdown:

Autarkis
04-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Downloading it right now. Seems from the comments to be a funny and cute short. Can't wait to see it!

(and oh yes, I'm gonna mirror it as soon as I download it.)

mebamonster
04-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Oh joy! Thank you all for your responses!

Pikmin: We're glad you enjoyed the characters and animation. It's interesting what you have to say about the camera shots. Was there something in particular that disturbed or jarred you?

lemoor: I'm sorry that the file is giving you issues. Did you download the divx or the mpeg version? Strange, but they should both play in WMP (so long as you have the updated divx codec which you can find at www.divx.com). Hope that solves your problem.

gigatron: We're so glad you liked it! What school will you be studying at? Hope that goes well for you. Patrik and I have a great working dynamic that really feeds the creative process. We are extremely fortunate to be able to work so well together. I wish you the best with your schooling and your wife-to-be!

sk3d: Thank you! We had our friend, Dylan Larocco, play the music for us. He did an excellent job with taking our suggestions and really coming up with something that worked well with the short. Similarly, our sound designer, Roger Spring, really came through with inventing a fun and cartoony world for our characters to play in. We're sorry you had to wait for the download. It seems that the servers are really getting hit hard with all of this unusual attention. Not that I'm complaining though...

oxyg3n: Thank you! We did some rough concepting before we committed to this look. We're so glad that they seem to have the appeal we hoped they'd have.

Creamdog: I'm sorry that the file isn't playing.:( It's compressed with DIVX which you can download for free. Virum gave a link to the website you can get it from (www.divx.com). Otherwise, the smaller download is an mpeg file which should be able to play with Windows Media Player or Quicktime.

Adam: Hey buddy! We're glad you got to see it in its final form..and that you liked it. As far as another short goes, I definately feel another animation coming up...but I think we need to make it through this last term at school as well as start job hunting...so we'll just have to see.

Virum: Thank you for your compliments and offer as well as offering the link to the divx site. Please check your pm:)

bentllama: Thanks for your compliments! We look forward to doing more animations as well.

DAbuel: LOL! That's crazy talk. Now you're just embarasing us hee hee.

brkofdon: Thanks again for your support:)

Autarkis: Thank you for offering the mirror! It's much appreciated. Hope our short is worth the wait. Thank you!

Autarkis
04-29-2004, 01:32 AM
and here it is:

http://www.phantomflow.com/mirror/1076degreesdivx.avi

Hope it helps.

(people on cable or higher should see high speeds!)

the sparky
04-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Hm, is the mpg version the whole thing? It quit right after the purple guy kicked the blue guy out from under the shade.

I love the characters.

Kanga
04-29-2004, 01:55 AM
mebamonster & tubby

Great stuff, sort of Mortillo style, which I have always loved. Even with the compression the texturing is marvelous, along with timing and brilliant sound track.

Got the hook with the Kanga starting to sizzle on the second viewing when the short looped. Maybe in that scene you could let the camel head be seen to much off the leaves (or a bit of the head).

Took ages to download but I am glad I have it!:thumbsup:

Greetings Kanga

yangmiemie
04-29-2004, 03:03 AM
:applause: :thumbsup:
nice work!!!!!

???
04-29-2004, 03:23 AM
My favorite pÔrt is when the blue fella bite the purple kangoroo's arm... its soo funny and the tail part used like a rubberband.. SWING ! :applause:

Venge
04-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Hey look at that! I take this to class, make everyone see it, and bam! FRONT PAGE. All I can say now is, About friggin' time!!!!!! Simply beautiful. Jeremy and I have watched it over and over agin. Congrats my beautiful friends. Ooooh, did you here that noise? That's opportunity knocking! Answer the door!!
Amazing.
Spectactular.
Friggin' RAD.
You've earned that plane ticket.

TomerEp
04-29-2004, 05:19 AM
cool animation I liked It!!

mebamonster
04-29-2004, 08:53 AM
You guys are awesome!

Autarkis: Thank you! thank you! thank you! The mirror is much appreciated!

the sparky: Hmmm...it sounds like you didn't get a complete download. There is a bit more to the story than what you saw. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Kanga: Thanks for the wonderful praise and suggestive critique. We hear what you're saying about that shot, but I don't think we'll be making any further changes to the animation at this time. Thank you for you valuable comments! Sorry for the slow download...

yangmiemie: thank you:)

???: Hee hee it's great hearing your favorite shots.

Venge: What's up chick-a-dee? Your enthusiasm is always contagious:) We can't wait to meet up with you and Jeremy again. It's been far too long.

TomerEp: Thank you:)

ghopper
04-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Congratulations to you guys - very well done short film. The fight scene was very funny.

BTW, all who are hosting the animation should zip it up. I've managed to get it down to 50Mb, 7Mb less.

Might save your bandwidth a bit ;)

Protoplasma
04-29-2004, 12:34 PM
thats a fantastic piece of work. i really love this "brave" colorchoice. i just watched 50 % yet, it is still loading. i`ll go back now and watch the whole thing. please keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pikmin
04-29-2004, 01:08 PM
mebamonster : Sorry I think I was to hard on my critic (sorry for my english). The camera shot with the lezard at the beginning is weird and the shot when the two charactere fight.

Just that, excellent short overall!!!

e03179
04-29-2004, 02:25 PM
GJ guys. I look forward to future works.

I just downloaded from Dgibson's mirror @ 1050 KB/sec. Thanks Dgibson.

Xlars
04-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Thank you for making such a great animation .. and for posting it. I guess all have been said: Cute characters, wonderful original style, cool idea, very inspirering work etc.

You are fantastic lucky to be able to work on 3D as a couple .. I could not imagine a better way to work than to share it with on e an the same collegue / friend / partner.

I am just a but qurious - when you work on such a production, do you split up the work in say one does all the modelling, one does the texture work, one does the camerawork etc. .. or do you work side by side the whole way?

I hope for you that an employer can see the oppotunity of hirering two persons that already have proved that they work good together.

Greetings

mebamonster
04-29-2004, 06:42 PM
ghopper: Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sorry for the painfully slow download time. I'll mess with zipping it up when I get home and see if that will help any.

Protoplasma:Why thank you very much! We really wanted a candy-colored world.

Pikmin: What a relief to hear that is was just a few shots that bothered you. Thanks for the suggestions:)

e03179: Welcome to the forum! It's very kind of you to put your first post here. I agree with you, it's a life saver that people like Dgibson, Mattmos, Virum, and Autarkis are donating mirrors to us. They are awesome!

xlars.dk: Hey there. We're so glad that you enjoyed the animation! Patrik and I are definately fortunate to have the opportunity to work together. As far as production goes, it was cleanly split down the middle. We both developed the story, did concepting, storyboarding, modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing, and editing with equal input into the creative direction of the film. I really couldn't have asked for a better partner in the process.
It's been a blast to work together and we really hope to be able to do so professionally as well...but with jobs as scarce as they seem to be, we'll be happy if either of us gets hired somewhere.

Virum
04-29-2004, 06:51 PM
e03179: Welcome to the forum! It's very kind of you to put your first post here. I agree with you, it's a life saver that people like Dgibson, Mattmos, Virum, and Autarkis are donating mirrors to us. They are awesome!

Well, thanks! It seems no one is taking an interest to the torrent file......so unless I get some protests I'll take it down soon. :)

Autarkis
04-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ghopper

Might save your bandwidth a bit ;)

I have no use for my bandwith at the moment ;) I love the short film though.

I really hope that will get you a good job in a nice studio, and keep on making sweet animations like that. :applause:

MKane
04-29-2004, 07:29 PM
I just watched it. Excellent work!

I really enjoyed the characters, and the music you choose was perfect.

Cartoony style, great development. Big thumbs up from me.

SpiritWalker
04-29-2004, 07:38 PM
guys u think u could make a nice wallpaper with the characters in nice poses or somthin? just a question

Skyraider3D
04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Very amusing! :)
I love the bit where they fight over the tree. Excellent animation! :thumbsup:

guitars69
04-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey Pat. It's Joel from AIP.

I'm glad to see you've finished it. I'm downloading it right now so I can see it and finally hear how the soundtrack worked out. c'ya later.
Joel

muckymouse
04-29-2004, 08:48 PM
I loved it...The fighting was really funny.

The last shot of the lizard is my only problem with it...
I love the fast creature...Such funny long legs....
Thanks for the inspiration...

=RUnyon

tubby
04-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Hey guys thanks!

Virum, dude, im so sorry, I have no idea how this torrent process works. I read up on it and it all makes sense but I want to avoid complications. Hope I don't seem ungrateful, I appreciate your help!:)

Autarkis, thanks for your generosity, we're stoked you liked it buddy!

MKane, thank you! :)

SpiritWalker, for you, anything. I'm rendering out a frame right now. I'll post the link by tomorrow, I hope you'll like it!

Skyraider3D,thank you!:)

hey Joel, hows it going! Yeah, let me know how you like the audio, I know roger would love to hear what you think.Later buddy!

Runyon, thank you, im glad you like it, your issues on that shot are noted, a few other people have mentioned it. thank you in return for the inspiration, hearing kind words from all of you makes us eager to start a new project.

DoLeeP
04-30-2004, 07:16 AM
The fighting was cool
I like it alot

Virum
04-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by tubby
Hey guys thanks!

Virum, dude, im so sorry, I have no idea how this torrent process works. I read up on it and it all makes sense but I want to avoid complications. Hope I don't seem ungrateful, I appreciate your help!:)

Nah dude, wasn't complaining. I was just saying that since no one had tried the bit-torrent distributing it didn't matter. With so many mirrors popping up you didn't need it anyway. No offense was taken. :)

Savinia
04-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Oh....that's great..i love those characters!!so cute!!:bounce:

LFShade
04-30-2004, 09:34 AM
hey Joel, hows it going! Yeah, let me know how you like the audio, I know roger would love to hear what you think.Later buddy!

Did I miss something? I guess I would like to hear what joel thinks of it (hi joel!), but what a strange comment:D

Big kudos on makin' the front page, guys!!! Now free up a weekend or two so we can hang out a few more times before the big studios start calling:p

RH

tubby
04-30-2004, 08:52 PM
thanks DoLeePoZ!

Virum, ahaha, cool man, I was just making sure I didn't offend you .

Savinia, thank you!

Hahaha, Roger you silly nilly, I meant Roger Spring, you know the guy who did the sound! You crack me up, hope to hang out soon buddy!

SpiritWalker, heres some high res pictures, we couldn't decide on which one to post so here are a few to choose from!

http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/wallpaperthumb-attack.jpg

Attack wallpaper 1280x960 (http://http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/1280x960/1076Degrees_attack1280.jpg)
attack wallpaper 1024x768 (http://http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/1024x768/1076Degrees_attack1024.jpg)

http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/wallpaperthumb-slowrun.jpg

slow run 1280x960 (http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/1280x960/1076Degrees_slowrun1280.jpg)
slow run 1024x768 (http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/1024x768/1076Degrees_slowrun1024.jpg)

http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/wallpaperthumb-run.jpg

Characters running 1280x960 (http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/1280x960/1076Degrees_run1280.jpg)
Characters running 1024x768 (http://stu.aii.edu/~asp381/1076wallpapers/1024x768/1076Degrees_run1024.jpg)

InTheCity
04-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Now why can't I get a 3D Wife, all my girl likes is shopping and TV.

Great work.

SpiritWalker
04-30-2004, 09:16 PM
thanks for the pictures guys, i chose the third picture "Running".

Ive got a new WallPaper :beer:

bledsoed
04-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey you two, those renders are pretty sweet. i have each image on each one of my monitors. also wanted to congradulate you both on making front page of cgtalk, i forgot to tell you that earlier but i guess better late then never.

congrates again, and best of luck to the both of you

Derek

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.