PDA

View Full Version : The hype-war has begun, place your bets...

Russell_Collins
04-22-2004, 03:07 AM
So I was trying my hardest to come up with something funny to draw for tomorrow's comic in my univerity's newspaper. However, unlike (*cough*) some other comic artists at my school, I refused to take a tired and lame joke and just soldier on as though it would be funny this time (unlike the previous 30). So I resorted to just movie geek reverie. Who would win in a fight, Hellboy or the uber-assassin from Kill Bill?

Yeah, I know it is another freakin' hellboy thread, but try to think of this as a Kill Bill thread that just HAPPENS to have a funny-lookin' pancake-lovin' demon in it...

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Russell_Collins/Miscellaneous/4_21_04_WhoWouldWin.jpg

Incidentally, the fight isn't so straight-forward if you are to take Hanzo's word for the quality of that sword ("if you meet god, he will be cut")... :D :beer:

gmask
04-22-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Russell_Collins
Incidentally, the fight isn't so straight-forward if you are to take Hanzo's word for the quality of that sword ("if you meet god, he will be cut")... :D :beer:

I'll take your word for it but I've allways assumed that the Indiana Jones rule of thumb "Man with gun shoots man with sword dead" to be true.

It's pretty cool drawing but Uma looks kind of tired I don't think she's up for this match.

XavierG
04-22-2004, 03:27 AM
yeah but then again hellboy kinda looks like john belushi after one too many beers :beer: So it would be an even fight until The Bride uses her 5 point open palm exploding heart technique of doom and ...yeah, that would be it :P

gmask
04-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Xav
yeah but then again hellboy kinda looks like john belushi after one too many beers :beer: So it would be an even fight until The Bride uses her 5 point open palm exploding heart technique of doom and ...yeah, that would be it :P

Well at that distance even if he's seeing double he still has a 50/50 chance of hitting the target.

XavierG
04-23-2004, 02:08 AM
very true.. then again the bride can take a point blank shotguhn blast and survive.. so itd be pretty evened out in the end :wip:

gmask
04-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Xav
very true.. then again the bride can take a point blank shotguhn blast and survive.. so itd be pretty evened out in the end :wip:

Hellboy eats brides for breakfast... he finds them stringy and tart.

XavierG
04-23-2004, 05:31 AM
dammit, theres no comeback to that, bleh... theyd probably just hang out in the end, you know it... ;)

gmask
04-23-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Xav
dammit, theres no comeback to that, bleh... theyd probably just hang out in the end, you know it... ;)

yea it'd probably turn x rated.. I have to admit.. I've seen neither movie :blush:

Russell_Collins
04-23-2004, 06:16 AM
I honestly doubt it would wind up X-rated since none of that kind of content is overtly presented in the storylines of either character. There'd be a lot of snappy one-liners (a la Hellboy) and some really cool soundtrack action (a la anything by Quentin Tarrantino). All of which would never get resolved since sequels make lots of money :P

I'm actually thinking about doing the stupid chore of actually drawing out some fights between them if for nothing else but to keep this on topic :hmm: :thumbsup:

lanedaughtry
09-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Demons always kill the blonde angsty chick with the swords.

Haven't you seen any anime.

tsh...

;)

-L

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.