PDA

View Full Version : 350z

fumoffu
04-22-2004, 03:27 AM
i am a noob but i am trying.
here is my first real project using lightwave.
can u guys tell me what should i do to make it better?
also working with maya and 3d once my book is come in the mail

thankshttp://www.angelfire.com/theforce/saikano_chan/nismo_background_short_.jpg

l-a-akira
04-22-2004, 07:20 AM
I would suggest becoming a member of the newtek forums or at least post this in the lightwave 3d section. Some people here would take one look at an earnest effort by a beginner and quickly moving on. The point is that you are trying and thats a good thing. Dont give up! :)

metre
04-22-2004, 09:04 AM
uhhh..i suggest posting in the wip section...

MuzzzY
04-22-2004, 09:30 AM
firstly, you must be use antialiasing (Enhanced AA).
;)

zedsdead
04-23-2004, 01:56 AM
you know, ur model looks good, really, the only thing u might want to consider is playing around with render settings, im not familiar with lw, but maybe try just setting everything to the highest settings and render that. then maybe go in photoshop and try colour correcting and see how u can match the bg with ur image

coo_kie73
04-23-2004, 03:45 AM
Really looks very good for a beginner! Keep it up. Agreed with MuzzzY on the AA part. Could u post some wire?

sonix
04-23-2004, 05:40 AM
You need to set the camera inside Lightwave to match the image you have as a background. From what I can see, the car seems to be sliding into the ground on the far side of the car.

Lift your camera and rotate. Imagine that the camera is held at head height, so change the Z position value of the camera in relation to the scale of your car, then sort out the rotation.

To help add some poly lines that you can line up with the perspective lines in the BG image, that follow the bottom of the collumns.

Hope this helps,

Sonix.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.