PDA

View Full Version : Character: Hawkprey's Strapped

SangHanArt
04-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Hello. I just finished this personal project. I tried to adhere to UT specs when building and texturing. The image of the model is a screen shot, not rendered. Hope you like it. And sorry to Hawprey if I didn't do the concept justice. :p

On a side note, I am looking for a full time position modeling and texturing if anybody happens to see this.

http://www.fluxen.com/strapped_build.jpg

http://www.fluxen.com/strapped_texture.jpg

http://www.fluxen.com/strapped_wire.gif

brogh
04-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Great model, lovely the textures :)

Can we se a wire ? how many polys ?

:thumbsup: :bounce:

darkzerox
04-21-2004, 11:59 PM
if you read the fine print.. it says he used 2734 triangles...

nice character. i'm not much of a 3d artist myself, so i won't say much. good luck with getting a position.

SangHanArt
04-22-2004, 08:00 PM
brogh: Thanks. I posted a wire shot at the top.
darkzerox: Thanks for the support. Luck is what need.

brogh
04-22-2004, 10:11 PM
sorry i've read about the triangles later darkzerox maybe it was too late at night ;)

- flux great job

absolutely a good charachter :thumbsup:

dur23
04-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Honestly the texture is the only holding this up. (its pretty damn nice). But that model is very wasteful.
It honestly looks like a base mesh that you would use to make a high poly model, as opposed to an actual low poly model.

There are so many areas that you could have actually completly removed entire edge loops without sacraficing that much silhouette. The biggest waste in there is in the head, the those gun/hand thingys, and the legs.

It honestly looks like you just went with a smooth silhouette as oppose to details...which is good sometimes.....but not in this case in my opinion.

textures rock tho...

SangHanArt
04-23-2004, 12:57 AM
dur23: Thanks for the insight. At least its not totally at a loss. ;)
I'm not much of a low-polymodeler. In fact this is my first. Luckily, texture painting is closer to traditional medium, which was easier to adjust to.

KingFurryWobblr
04-23-2004, 04:54 PM
yep have to agree there, texture has promise, model could have had many polys taken out from the legs n arms and put where they matter, face, knee pads, calf pads, chest plate, shoulder pads, gun sides.

PJ

Dave Black
04-23-2004, 05:00 PM
I've gotta agree with dur23 on all points. Great texture, but the model needs work.

Try to concentrate on the structure of your joints. You can still salvage the model, as it's not really that bad. In fact, the shapes and masses are good. Just terminate alot of the loops and remove and waste.

I see a bunch of almost co-planer polys too.

Again, though, your texture is kickass. I think you're close to being able to be productive in a studio. Really.

-Dave

arek
04-23-2004, 06:16 PM
great lowpoly model - amazing job on the textures as well.

SangHanArt
04-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Again, thanks for the valuable insights guys. I'm sure my next model will be alot more optimized. I'm not sure what you mean by co-planer, but I'll look that up right now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.