PDA

View Full Version : 2 animated characters: Phil and Mantis

Brett Bean
04-21-2004, 09:39 PM
New graduate from Redmond, WA. Short animated turnarounds of 2 original characters, Phil and Mantis, with a third option of Phil doing battle with a vine.

www.brettbbean.com/phil.avi

www.brettbbean.com/mantis.avi

www.brettbbean.com/philShots.avi

Check out other stuff at www.brettbbean.com

Tell me what you think.

Beanhttp://www.brettbbean.com/Mantisandphil.jpg

baoling
04-22-2004, 02:41 AM
Ur animation is very smooth and cute!!!!

I think because u didn't post images for "advertizing" ur video clips, so not much people reply.

I like the 1st and 2nd one a lot, third one looks a bit blur for me, is it too much motion blur?

BazyBen
04-22-2004, 05:54 AM
haha! this is great
i agree with baoling, you deserve alot more feedback
very nice animation :thumbsup:
do you have any plans of making an animated short? :)

1001 JediNights
04-22-2004, 06:18 AM
haha... I needed a good laugh. Perhaps I'm just too tired right now, normally I don't think I would have found that funny.

Good job, the animation is cartoony but perfect for the characters.:thumbsup:

kilroy
04-22-2004, 08:56 AM
:thumbsup: thats awsome, great work :thumbsup:

Self-Designer
04-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Those sound effects are from "Earthworm Jim"!!! and i must say, your characters and humor are obviously inspired by this game too! Oh I loved the game, and i love your animations!

Really good work! short film! short film! :bounce: :thumbsup:

Brett Bean
04-22-2004, 04:17 PM
I agree, I put to much blur. I put all those animations together in about 4 days while trying to finish classes. I will revisit soon and post again. And yes I am collaborating on a short film as we speak. thanks again

Brett

www.brettbbean.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.