PDA

View Full Version : Character : Spongebob

kickrocks
04-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Just because im obsessed w/ spongebob. Hopefully with this post I can find some other fans among the Cgtalk crowd. :scream:

http://www.lonelysquare.com/images/final_4.jpg

Made for fun in between skewl and work, crit away, pretty much new to the CG scene and would love to hear. thx thx. Basically its just a goofy pic I spent a few nights on, sponge is the pwn, hehe.

modelled and rendered in max 5

BonoMan
04-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Nice pic...the lines are a bit wonky but it's a faithful adaptation.

And it's spelled "school" not "skewl.":)

Sugarbear_SID
04-21-2004, 04:13 PM
bonoman must not be k00l enough to be down with 1337.

d00d, skewl is the way it's spelled now, joo must not be hip enough.

any way, cool pic, but something doesn't jive right with where his upper body meets his square pants, and I can't figure out what or why.

P4p3Rc1iP
04-21-2004, 07:26 PM
nice, 1 thing: the doorhangthing (where you can open the door) on squidwards door looks strange, needs a black line. other than that, nice

Cspawn
04-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Very nice, very nice indeed. I like the cel shaded look to it. Great job, keep up the good work.;)

coffeepenguin
04-21-2004, 09:00 PM
I would adjust the colors in the lines, if you watch the carottn you'll see that some of the lines around him are a yellow/orange-ish color. Also, you may want to find a better toon shader, the default max one isn't so great when it comes to generating lines around geometry.

kickrocks
04-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Thx for the feedback guys.

P4p3Rc1iP - I screamed at myself when I read this, totally forgot to add a material to the doorknob :P hehe good call.

Sugarbear_SID - Yah you are right on, its flat normally at the top of his square pants, ill have to work on that.

coffeepenguin - Gonna work on trying to figure out brazils toon shader im sure I can get a better result :)

Thx again for the comments.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.