PDA

View Full Version : vehicle: Delta IV launch

karr1008
04-21-2004, 05:38 AM
This is a recreation of a Delta IV rocket done in 3ds Max 5.

Please post any comments. Any suggestions, good or bad crits are welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks,
Karr

http://www.dualzero.com/images/delta_launch

jackburton
04-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Quite well done, the smoke effect looks pretty realistic and the camera angle is good. I think it might need smaller details to give it a sense of scale. The lighting is quite dark. Is this a night launch? If so would the tower have lights or be lit from below with floodlights perhaps?

karr1008
04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
I tried some flood lights from underneath but it flattened the Afterburn smoke effect. It was quite frustrating to achieve the night launch with the proper lights.

I agree on the details. It needs the rocket fuel lines, top cables, etc etc. It was a budgeted work.

Thanks for the c&c

Karr

griffin44
04-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Cool smoke effects.

I think it might need a whole lot more right beneath the rocket's exhaust. It looks like I can actually see what's immediately beneath it and that just wouldn't be possible if that thing was full throttle - there would be nothing but bright white exhaust and flames and...you name it.

Add the cables and such to the tower too, it's make it look much more authentic.

G

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.