PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: VW Touareg

philnolan3d
04-20-2004, 06:00 PM
I've been working on this on and off for some time, started shortly after the Touareg came out. Would love some comments.
Lighting done with an HDRI image. Everything done in Lightwave 7.5c
http://www.philnolan3d.com/images/artwork/touareg_hdri.jpg

Soon2bAnimator
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
model good...texture bad...i dunno maybe its the picture you took but the texture looks really off like a rusted/shiny steel color...very uncanny

AJ
04-20-2004, 07:01 PM
If it's honest crits your after...

As it stands, the model is far too 'lumpy'... a car is a machine manufactured, technical peice of equipment - as a result any irregularities in seams or surfaces look very unnatural. For example, If you look at the shape of your windscreen (windshield?) you can see areas where the surround bows in and out, which gives a sort of deflated look to the structure.

Of course, it doesn't help that reflections will exaggerate these faults and cars by there very nature are reflective!

If you feel the model is finished, then move on - but if you are going to go back to this one (or indeed, start another) I would suggest tightening the seams on the panels and looking at establishing more continuity between joining surfaces.

metre
04-20-2004, 08:00 PM
uhh...bad modeling...please try to use a blueprint...goodluck

philnolan3d
04-20-2004, 08:22 PM
to AJ_23: Thank you, I do see the issues with the roof/windshield area now and I'll tighten up the rest of the seems some more.
to metre: I did use blueprints.

nek11man
04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Well, its a good start, but you can some more time on it, some twicks on the body.
Overall, it doesnt quite look like the real Touareg.
Try to gather more reference pictures, from different angle, it'll help a lot.

Keep it up.....;)

here s a reference pic

USED
04-21-2004, 03:55 AM
I say this in the nicest way I can..
I saw better models in 1993 with better textures...
and they were still using 3d studio... there was no MAX yet

I say start over.. and dont wast your render time using brazil or GI anything with stuff like that you can just use a toon shader :rolleyes:

AndreasMartin
04-21-2004, 07:45 AM
I don't think that this is finished, beside materials the modelling isn't perfect at all. It seems that you did not took enough reference pics because the modell looks to bulgy on parts where a continous surface should appear.

where did you found blueprints from the toureq? can u please post the link, thx.

bye Crea

philnolan3d
04-21-2004, 12:45 PM
to Creative: the only reference pics I had access to were the ones I could find online, specifically at vw.com. The blueprints were from www.onnovanbraam.com and also the VW site itself.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.