PDA

View Full Version : Share Animation Using Action

kawoo
07-12-2002, 03:23 PM
Hi..I am trying to apply same action sources to multiple characters
which are set up with same name bone set..But after applying an action source to different size characters (I scalled the bones acordingly), they seem to be in different pose or even distorted..

Is this normal since each has different size bones or Is there any way to make Action library to get exact same result..?

I set the poses and saved actons using the Green Left Character.. and then applied the actions to the Blue Right one in the Animation Mixer. .. As a result.. the Right one has weird pose and distorted Fingers..

Pleas.. Help...

grendizer
07-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Not sure about this one, but don't forget that each translation is always relative to the parent of the thing being translated.
So check the action's translations and check the parents.
:)

kawoo
07-12-2002, 06:40 PM
Those are completely separate two different models..
and then applied Action Presets... but the presets are made using the Green one on the Left...
quite don't understand the Parent part that you mentioned....
could you please explain a little more....?

Thanks a lot...

:lightbulb

grendizer
07-13-2002, 04:29 AM
When I build a rig, I always have a null that is a parent to all the skeleton, do you have such a thing in your RIG?

ggg
07-13-2002, 06:21 AM
i have applied actions from one character to another one scaled and had to scale/move the curves down and its works fine.

the way I understand it is actions contain stored parameters, in this case likely fcurves of tranformations, and although your translations are likely local, as in relative to the parent the translation is still the same amount so a scaled character will have its driven objects try to reach the values set in the action.

have you tried storing and action of just part of one character and then applying it to the other to evaluate the differences?

I know its obvious but poses won't work as you've scaled.

what type of action are you trying to apply?

kawoo
07-15-2002, 03:54 PM
I used Store/ Marked Parameters/ Current Value.. and I only stored one part(Left Hand) of one character (Green one) and then applied to the other one...

I was testing if I can make a set of actions and apply to multiple characters to make animation procedure more efficient and faster..

so.. if i scale the bones.. it won't be the same pose ....?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.