PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel: Technical / Rigging

jHromika
04-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Hey everyone :)

It's getting to be about graduation time, and like everyone else I'm working on getting my materials together. I think my reel is just about finished, and I wanted to get some feedback from you all on it.

Everything is done in Maya, and I'm responsible for the rigging, scripting, and animation that you'll see. All models and textures however, are not mine.

720x480 DivX 18 megs (http://www.hromikarenders.com/movies/jhromika_reel.avi)

Hope you guys like it, and I'd love to hear any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc...

Thanks! :)

maX_Andrews
04-20-2004, 05:33 AM
really nice MEL script.
Does it support automatic blinking?

jHromika
04-20-2004, 07:07 PM
maX_Andrews:

I'm assuming you mean the generator, right?

Actually, no, that doesn't set up blinks for the animator :hmm: Mostly because that was one of the things we decided wasn't as important for what we needed.

None of those characters will be shown past a middle ground shot, so we were able to um, cut a few corners :rolleyes: and leave out certain aspects.

Each character does have facial blends though that are specific to their face, so I imagine had blinks been important to us, they would have been implemented probably in the same way.

Glad you like it :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.