PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me how to hide seams from one uvw channel to the other in max?

PIXAR
07-12-2002, 11:15 AM
you might have painted all your unwrapped meshes, but how to melt 2 channels in one to hide the border inbetween them??? so how to make it look like the skin of an orc for example is one part?

"i don't want to see a line between his foot and leg!

in max please

leigh
07-12-2002, 11:24 AM
Well, the easiest way of avoiding visible seams is to paint the image maps in such as way as that along all their borders, there are no strong details - in other words, make all the borders a neutral colour/spec/bump etc, so that there won't be any details that suddenly end where the new one starts/

Alternatively, you can make gradient images and use them as alphas between the seams to blend them together.

Or you could do what I do - I paint each unwrapped section in a seperate Photoshop file, and when I start on a new one, I just bring in the edge part of the surrounding ones from their files into the new one, and just manually ensure that the two will blend together by painting the same detail onto the new sections borders :)

PIXAR
07-12-2002, 01:35 PM
as usuall a very helpfull reply, already copied and pasted ;-)

don't hesitate to reply more peeps:beer:

crazymopho
07-15-2002, 01:20 AM
Terraserver (http://www.terraserver.com)

Should have what you are looking for.

dvornik
07-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Could you please expand on using gradients as blend maps? I like the idea but don't know how to achieve it in max. You would need the same polys to recieve 3 different maps - one of them blend mask. Consider a character that has 7 parts or something. That'a already a multi/subobject material. How do you incorporate blend materials into it?

I know how to make a blend material but I'm not sure how it would work within a multi/subobject material.

Thanks for any suggestions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.