PDA

View Full Version : Character : Reek

Joebount
04-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Ok, done in Z2, about 6 hours (I'd like to add more details, but my computer doesn't want, so it will stay like this, no more spikes :( )
http://joebount.free.fr/z2/reek_06.jpg

MainlineX
04-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Impressive work!!

CGmonkey
04-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Looks like the creature from SW ep 1.. The details are overdone imo but it looks really cool! ;)

Speedracer
04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
It looks very very nice. Only makes me crave for my Z2 to get here faster. I know I won't be disappointed though when it does.

You said that your computer can't handle it. You mind telling us how many polys and what are your computer specs?

Joebount
04-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Episode 2 in fact ;)
Well, I know for the bump, it's a bit odd (it's a viewport grab directly from Z2), I'll try to fix that if I export it to Max.
The mesh is relly handle at this stage (only 417000 polys) and my computer is a Athlon 1800+ and 512 Mo (VGA doesn't play a big role in the display). When I subdivise the mesh, it's around 1.6 Million, and that's a bit too much to handle (I could have hidden some part of the mesh, but my computer didn't like at all the lack of memory, swapping like mad).

Thanks for your kind comments ! :wavey:

NeBuLa
04-19-2004, 08:01 PM
very nice work lots of detail :thumbsup: add a smooth mesh on the model :p

Z1K0B4
04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Zbrush bumpy creature.
i see alot of them.
:shrug:

mushroomgod
04-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Yep....im impressed :thumbsup:

note to self....must try z-brush:bowdown:

Joebount
04-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks dudes !
You should really try this software when the demo is avalailable ! really amazing the things you can do !
Well, Z1K0B4, I could have done just a sphere, but, hum, no. Simply try to do that in 6 hours with any other soft, you will understand how powerfull it is.

Z1K0B4
04-20-2004, 03:25 PM
sorry, this is a continuation of my trying to understand its use in a real pipeline (actually a spill over from another thread). I have been using the demo for quite some time now (1.55 i guess?) and must admit, that it is fun and gratifying. i can really see the beginner 3d artist falling in love with the software, and its ease in revealing detail (bumps, and grooves). when i first started 3d modelling several years ago, i would have loved this program. i really would like find a use for this soft in our studio, and get our boss to buy it, but i cant. and all i see done with zbrush are horny bumpy creatures (lots of happy accidents). whose studio specializes in these creatures???

sorry for the rant, but you must admit our forum is becoming dilluted with these, and after trying the software i see why.

my comments are in no way targeted at your talent or creativity, kinda a feeling about the zbrush images i see as a whole.

McSpirit
04-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Z1k0B4.. I guees that Zbrush's real potential lays in making bump and displaycement maps for 2nd gen games like the ones that will be based on the unreal 3 game engine :shrug:

www.trogdor.dk/unreal3.wmv

Joebount great model.. cant think of any thing that i would change :applause:

LiToKi
04-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Z1K0B4
sorry, this is a continuation of my trying to understand its use in a real pipeline (actually a spill over from another thread). I have been using the demo for quite some time now (1.55 i guess?) and must admit, that it is fun and gratifying. i can really see the beginner 3d artist falling in love with the software, and its ease in revealing detail (bumps, and grooves). when i first started 3d modelling several years ago, i would have loved this program. i really would like find a use for this soft in our studio, and get our boss to buy it, but i cant. and all i see done with zbrush are horny bumpy creatures (lots of happy accidents). whose studio specializes in these creatures???

sorry for the rant, but you must admit our forum is becoming dilluted with these, and after trying the software i see why.

my comments are in no way targeted at your talent or creativity, kinda a feeling about the zbrush images i see as a whole.
I think this is like the release of the Brazil r/s. All of a sudden you saw untextured models with a blue skylight popping up everywhere.

Now you have Zbrush and you see bumpy demons everywhere (with the cavity material of course).

Artist just need to get used/learn the program and it will be used for great models :)

Not saying this one isn't great, because it quite like it :).

StephanD
04-20-2004, 03:54 PM
and all i see done with zbrush are horny bumpy creatures (lots of happy accidents). whose studio specializes in these creatures???

Ok,sorry for the hotlinking but it seems you overlooked the link I gave you to the pixologic website(or did you?)

Bumpy?

http://209.132.69.82/user-gallery/_Hitchenson/020905__cartoon.jpg

elnady
04-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Awesome:eek:
Very good job:)

BazyBen
04-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Zbrush bumpy creature. i see alot of them.

oh, and you dont see human models or cars anywhere? just because they are ususal doesnt mean they're not nice..

i like it, well done!

Z1K0B4
04-20-2004, 05:40 PM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139068

have created a new thread for my inquiries. no longer wish to carry it out here.

sorry for any negative feelings!

Joebount
04-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Hey, no problem at all !
Your point of view is really interresting, honnestly, evene if I don't agree totally with it.
You can find a lot of advantages in this software, like the speed to create virtual sculptures to present a design to a client instead of spending hours in front of some clay (BUT CLAY IS GOOD ^^ )
You can also use it for generating fine and subtle effects, like a lot of examples on the pixologic website. I admit that the software is not an end by itself, but it's pretty usefull ! (Poly modelling is not yet really usable for example, but it's already a good start.)

Thanks for your appreciations guys ! :wavey:

roninwarrior
04-20-2004, 09:41 PM
nice thats a sweet render:)

dagoof
04-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Gosh- crazy zbrushers all over the place these days.

EdmX
04-22-2004, 04:53 PM
kool model...
i will try this Zbrush someday

:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.