PDA

View Full Version : night lume

nebille
04-19-2004, 01:11 PM
This may sound a bit weird but i have been fumbling around with the night lume but using it for daytime shots and some of the results have come out really well. It saves you having to use a logarithmic control to sort out exposure. I have been battling with the daylight system with mental ray for a long time and found it really cumbersam to use. Everything was really washed out and looking rubbish . Then i went to work on a night time scene where i used the night lume to do some stills. Went away and started on the daylight scene again and somehow forgot to turn off the night lume and came up with some really nice daytime images. No GI just using FG.

I will post the image once it has rendered.. And the scene once it goes for planning application.

give it a a go and see if it helps.

Create a daylight system with inverse decay etc..

then go to lens shaders and place the night lume here...

drag the night lume to the material library as an instance and mess about with the settings.

Can get some really nice stuff

Bit of bodge but its the end image that counts i suppose

kind regards

Nebille

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.