PDA

View Full Version : Character: me, me, me.

Pancreas
04-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi, these are two self portraits, first one done a year ago, second one finished yesterday. I´d like to hear critics (I know you haven´t seen my real face) so crits about lighting, colors and the beauty of the model are welcome.

http://a.domaindlx.com/Pancreas/retrato00.jpg

http://a.domaindlx.com/Pancreas/retrato56.jpg

I hope you can say which is the recent one.

baoling
04-19-2004, 09:45 AM
I feel that the face toning of the second one is better than the first one.

perfecti
04-19-2004, 02:28 PM
yep .. 2nd is better a little .. but not so much .. guess lips on the 2nd one is too red for guy ... ( but not too red for gey .. ..sorry just kiddin'):) :beer:

Dobryi_Jedai
04-19-2004, 05:31 PM
good, i like it!:thumbsup:

jeroentje
04-19-2004, 05:37 PM
He Pancreas,

Great portrait, funny to actually see you're about a year older in it.
Maybe you can make the shadow part a bit darker, but you might aswell paint it to death that way. So maybe better leave it as it is.

Cheers, Jeroen

I'd already seen the first one, so I'm only commenting on the second ;)

Pancreas
04-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks for your replies!

baoling thanks, I hope after a year of drawing I´ve improved a little.

perfecti sorry, I don´t understand you, do you mean you´d love to taste my strawberry lips? smuak! He he, I´m kidding too, yep, I tried to use more vibrant colors than I saw on the mirror, I think the lips are too saturated for a he-man like me.

Dobryi_Jedai thanks! What do you like more, the artist or the model?

jeroentje hi Jeroentje, what´s up? Nice web log you´ve got! Haha, yes a year older but not wiser! Actually I had to wait for a year to grow those four hairs on my face :hmm:
You´re right about the shadows, I´ve tried playing with the image increasing contrast, but it looks too burned.
When I painted the sp I only used a lamp on the left side to achieve a hard contrast and a menacing look, but didn´t get black shadows, they were slightly blue. How? closed windows, dark night, only the lamp and the comp on. The comp, the monitor... case solved, hehe.

prasa
04-20-2004, 11:41 AM
hey man! .. you look much better now than you year ago did! :p

but nice work :thumbsup:

Garma
04-20-2004, 04:19 PM
skin tones are better but ow man did you forget tho shave or what :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.