PDA

View Full Version : Speed Model: Trex

dagoof
04-19-2004, 08:35 AM
I am aware of the bad leg, it should have one more segment beneath the calf, but it was meant to be somewhat cartoony. Besides all the flaws, this is my first COMPLETED model. Please C&C.

http://dagoof.no-ip.com/upload/dinoforpost.jpg

(server will be laggy until the weekend, please be patient)

bastiaan
04-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Pretty cool, I like the cartoony feeling you gave to him! :)

MacLeod
04-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Nice model,
I think you've got a nice start there, one little crit, i don't like the reflection in the first render.(but that's just me
:shrug: ).

Keep it up!!

Neozoom
04-19-2004, 12:54 PM
funny model but really to speed i think more work is necessary on this ... ;)
Wait to see more

dagoof
04-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Thank you for not completely bashing me! :bounce:

I wasnt expecting such nice responses. From an anotomical standpont, it's horrible, but as a little cute guy, I think it's decent. Thank you all very much.

plasmaworX
04-25-2004, 10:00 PM
hey, i like the model! who cares anatomically correct?!? well, the reflection seems strange to me, too, but it's alright! surprise us with a cool new shader!

dagoof
04-25-2004, 10:10 PM
yeah, it's not realistic, but I love shiny stuff :) - I'll go work on a new shader right now.

ken0
04-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Nice modeling...though the hands are... @#$%^ ... too tiny

I would love it if you would give him a more cartoonish-soft material (texture)... + some fur :eek: it would look kewl...

Anyway that's only my taste :rolleyes:

MainlineX
04-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Nice work!!! Nice style!

Ionized
05-17-2004, 10:58 AM
he's sooo cute. I really like him.

Have you thought about making it look like he's made out of rubber? You know like one of those inflated dogs that clowns make out of baloons? Just an idea..

dagoof
05-17-2004, 11:03 PM
That shoulds like a really cool idea - but I wouldnt know how to go about it, perhaps you could help me? :D

Ionized
05-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Well, I guess you could start by making the surface look a bit more stretched and well... baloon like. Sort of like it has twists around where the legs are. You would also want to baloon out any areas. To make it look inflated, it would mean making the model loose some of its shape though and I'm not sure if thats what you want.

Although if it is your first model as you say, then maybe you want to be adding in detail to get the practice, not removing it.

I dunno, it was just an idea. You should follow your own inspiration I think and it will lead you to your eventual conclusion.

Ultimately its all about practice and observation. Pick something to model, gather reference and go for it!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.