PDA

View Full Version : GUI: Horror menu

Djenx
04-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi everyone

This is a dvd extras menu Iíve been working on lately for a school assignment.

Everything was made in 3ds Max5 (including textures)

http://djenx.50megs.com/menu12%208.jpg

all crits welcome :)

Sinister
04-19-2004, 01:37 PM
wow how did you do that wood material in procedurals only? I would love some info on that!!

nice setting! only crit would be the image looking a little flat.

Svenart
04-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Looks very interesting. Is it animated?

Djenx
04-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the comments :)

Sinister: The material is basically a cellular map (cell characteristics: circle) with one of the axis stretched to the extreme in one direction
Tiling
X 3.00
Y .05
Z 1.00
After that Iíve got a Smoke map, noise map, and cellular map just to add a little chaos. Once i get some time i might write up a proper tutorial, just got to get my homework out of the way first.

I've got to agree, the image is a bit flat, but I've still got to cut it up and transfer it to director. So far Iíve got a combined total of 15 Min worth of compositing experience so i don't want to make it any harder than it has to be.

Svenart: it's not animated yet but it will be by morning :)

Layer01
04-23-2004, 07:10 AM
i like it a lot :thumbsup: has a good cheesy Zombie movie feel to it, very nice. but imho i'd make the background an old 70's wallpaper (aged in PS) with a bloody hand print on it maybe...couple of rips perhaps....well you get the idea.
oh and very nice job on the wood btw :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.