PDA

View Full Version : Low Poly_Character

LostSoulą13
04-19-2004, 04:19 AM
Did this one as a test for a job Guess it wasnt good. C&C are welcome ther rest of info is on the pic.
http://www.nikolai3d.com/Images/therockbig.jpg
Thanks.
<edit> Oh forgot was done in about 6 days well not really days lol nights:)

crpcory
04-19-2004, 04:38 AM
i think it's not too shabby. Maybe some improvements with the 'depth' of certain areas, like the back of the pants. Or maybe the whole mid section. Other than that i'd just say the eyes a bit freaky, he looks he just shotgunned about 4 quarts of coffee.

marque-pierre
04-19-2004, 05:35 AM
I like it. The body armor part is very good in my humble opinion. The shoes are a bit too shiny there on the toes, and too round maybe? Looks like a bubble... The hands are well done too. The face will make or break any character, and I think that is the weakest part here. His face is not really interesting. The eyes are a bit spooky as they are very open, and the rest doesn't really have character, as in interesting features.

Hope you can use that...

Plays_4_Pants
04-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Looks like he just saw his ma and pa doing it on the front porch.
The poly count is real good, but he looks about generic as apple pie. Which sadly is usually what the company is looking for when you make a model of a swat guy for a test. Good luck hope you get the job!:thumbsup:

r3studios
04-19-2004, 08:22 AM
he looks like *The Rock* in a swat movie :D

nice work though.

Freakychakra
04-19-2004, 11:40 AM
All in all its pretty good, I think however that the feet are too small. The eyes stand out as well, he looks very surprised. Maybe give him a more relaxed expression.

If you post wires, we might be able to spot some areas where you can reduce polys.

Keep up the good work

Keiyentai
04-19-2004, 02:00 PM
I was going to mentioned he looked like "The Rock" too lol. He has the whole bug eyed look he gives when he is going to kick some ones ass or he is trying to "strike a pose" heheh. Good model. THe blue could use a just a smig more detail imho but it;'s nice. wires?

LostSoulą13
04-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the reply. Im glad that he was recognized as the Rock Here are some wires. face is the most dens part cause they wanted him to be able to talk and do expretions. Well here ya go

http://www.nikolai3d.com/stored/rockwires.jpg

Or you can go to the website i have more wires there as a rol over image on him under models. Front Side back

Svenart
04-20-2004, 01:19 PM
looks very good to me. Not Perfect, but professional work. Well done.:beer:

LiffaMan
04-20-2004, 04:37 PM
i realy like... for low poly it's Great...
The body porfect...
but the face is... um..... kind of ugly guy... but.. everybody can see it is a guy!
:thumbsup:

LostSoulą13
04-22-2004, 03:14 AM
THanks for your coments. Will try to improve on those areas as soon as i can.
LiffaMan i dont think im really shure what you are trying to say by your second coment. Does he look like a woman?

d-tox
04-22-2004, 03:17 PM
looks good.

But i think you used too many polygens. For instance his neck has a lot of polygens, could be a lot less. His face has too much polygens too. You could make this with a lot less polygens, just tweak a bit, and delete all the unnesacery polygens. And he looks quite amased...

but that doesn't take away, that's it's very good :beer:

(sory for my worthless english)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.