PDA

View Full Version : animation-Facial Rig Test

sedric
04-18-2004, 08:57 PM
hey all, this is a Face rig i have been working on for the last little while, i thought i would post a test i have been working on.

http://www.benhindle.com/angryDood.jpg

here are the animations

www.benhindle.com/angryManRigTest.mov

www.benhindle.com/angryManRigTest.avi

anyway, lemme know what you think of it!

ThomasMahler
04-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Even though I don't really like the model (I just don't dig the style, sorry), your rigging is really great. The screaming is a little exaggerated, but I guess that's what you were going for.

If it's created with Maya, I'd like to see your joint setup!

Man
04-18-2004, 09:44 PM
it is great

the mesh is reacting really well, and i specially liked the veins and stuff when he's screamin.. nice job

can you post a screenshot and an explanation on how u did it?

H3rbie
04-18-2004, 11:37 PM
very nice werk, realy dig the style u got going there!

neonoodle
04-19-2004, 04:56 AM
Looks really good... I didnt like how the veins just popped up out of nowhere in 1 frame instead of them gradually coming up on the part before the scream. Also, I noticed that the lids of the eys dont move when the iris and pupil moves like real eyes do. I think that would add a lot since you're going for a realistic style with your character. Did you use the stop staring stuff for your rig?

sedric
04-20-2004, 04:14 AM
thanks for all of the great comments fellas,

all of the deformation of the face is done with blendshapes, even the jaw opening.

I usually create a version of the head with lots of bones that move in arcs to better simulate the movenemt of skin over bone. then i move the bones untill i get a shape that i like, then i set keys for all the bones that were used to make that shape. i can duplicate the geometry and apply it as a blendshape. because i set keys, i can scrub through and find a good "in-between" blendshape, so the face seems to move in arcs rather than straight lines.

neonoodle: good point about the eyelids! im gonna add that tonight if i get time! i dont think i will update this thread with anything new, as this is the finished work forum! i dont want this to appear like a WIP.

i also get your point about the vein animation. you are right, but this is just a rig test, there are a lot of parts of the animation that i think could be a lot times better. i was more concerned that it worked well, and didnt spend a lot of time on the animation.

thanks again for the comments fellas!

sedric

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.