PDA

View Full Version : Digi_Illustration: The Power Of Cheese

blankslatejoe
04-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey everyone, I did this as an entry for a local contest. The theme was "The power of Cheese".

Sure, it's a literal interpretation of the idea... but I just had this picture in my mind and wanted to do it.

http://www.30lives.com/wips/cheese2.jpg

Comments and crits are welcome of course. The contest's opening is this friday.

xiaoali
04-18-2004, 09:49 PM
hey! great job! Is this for that comic shop contest?

blankslatejoe
04-18-2004, 10:05 PM
indeed it is! The shop owner has been a friend of mine for a few years and I promised I'd try and enter everyone of his contests while I was still in Richmond.

glad you like it!

Man
04-18-2004, 10:15 PM
looks awesome man!

i just think you could make the glass reflections more defined, to "get along" with the rest of the image

nice image

MajinPunisher
04-18-2004, 10:46 PM
Yeah Joe, like I said on the phone, its all rock and roll, save the fact that the perspective on the outside objects/background is off from the perspective of the bowl with cheese.

Solution, I like the perspective on the bowl/dish thing a lot, so, the fix would be to tip that background plane back, which means it'll have to be a table/countertop, which means you'll have to think of whats in the background.

Other than that, like I said, rock and roll high caliber Joe work, as usual.

-Andy

MajinPunisher
04-18-2004, 10:50 PM
DUDE!

I just realized you used my 100th post!

JOOOOEEE! - shaking fist at you -

haha. Anyway, I'm insane.

-DOOOOOOOOOOOOM

perfecti
04-18-2004, 11:05 PM
... hehe .. you create some nice mouse .. this face make me laugh ..very nice done !!:thumbsup:

xiaoali
04-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Cool, my friend just introduced me to that comic shop and told me about the contest.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.