PDA

View Full Version : tying speed of particles to instancer

CLT
04-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I`m trying to relate the speed of particles travelling on a surface
at different speeds to the speed of geometry anim on the instancer node .... so the speed of the particles determinds the speed of the anim ,say on a cycle node Or say adding the value of velocity to a function curve value.....

have tried a number of variations in expressions tying velocity to cycle speed etc. but not having much success..

can anyone point me in the right direction......

Cheers
:o)

CLT

sp0rk3d
04-18-2004, 07:27 PM
i seem to recall that you need to bake the animation into seprate instances.... ie you have a 20 frame loop cycle of creature running.... so you have to make 20 copies of the mesh deformed into the 20 frame-poses.... select them IN ORDER and ad to your instancer... then you can tell the instancer to cycle the poses in order and you can choose how fast it cycles based on the particles' speed...
i haven't done it in a while but i remmeber hearring about it on a gnomon dvd for particle instancing...
hope that helps.. :)
-sp0rk-

CLT
04-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Yes, Thanx for reply...
What i need to know is exactly how to tie the speed to the
instancer...?

Thats where I`m stumped..

Cheers
:o)

Also another useful tip would be how to align the objects to the surface normal assumimg the surface the particles are following is curved.......

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.