PDA

View Full Version : Animation: DemoReel

BazyBen
04-18-2004, 01:45 AM
hi!
I just finished my reel
here's some stills:
http://davidsandberg.50megs.com/demo.jpg

The Reel 10mb [Divx] (http://gurras.mine.nu/bilder/3d/By_Tattarn/demoreel.avi)

francescaluce
04-18-2004, 12:52 PM
some pro works...

but for the demoreel don't like the music.. and it's a little bit confusing... there's a little bit of anim... a little bit of texturing... a little bit of modelling... maybe you have to choose one and focus on a specif develop.

:love:

ciao
francesca

Christmas
04-18-2004, 09:29 PM
I think i'm with francescaluce on this one.

For an animation showreel, there dosnt seem to be alot of animation.... I really did like the robot walkcycle animation, but the old man and the green alien need more work to become good animations.

The modelling looked great on the environments..

I liked the music you have chosen, but I like that song anyway, it might be a very particular taste.

If it is your final demo reel, perhaps put abit on the end saying what programs you have used.

Regards.

crpcory
04-19-2004, 04:53 AM
ditto

If there's one thing companies want on a show reel it's focus. So, if you were applying to a smaller place that wanted a multi-tasker this reel seems pretty sold... that however seems to not be the case very often. Frankly, if it was just for animation, i think 100-90% of the shots should be strictly animation, or whatever area you are applying for.

I freaking love that song though, who is that?

Christmas
04-19-2004, 09:25 AM
The track is Massive Attack - Teardrop. You can find alot more tracks along its lines on 'The very best Euphoric Chillout Mixes Breakdown'.

I still think that the music chosen does fit the peice very nicley. Good choice!

Regards.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.