PDA

View Full Version : Black Lady (Finaly finished)

naughtyboy
04-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Hey guys ,this is my recently work,it cost me about 20 hours,and not yet very good,
But i decided to post it out,i want to know what do you thingk about it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i want to make some prove~~~~~~~~~``
CC are welcome.

naughtyboy
04-17-2004, 03:22 PM
http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v159/naughtyboy/wonderful%20world/wonder-3.jpg

jawine
04-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Shading and colours could use a bit more time, the colours and shading are a bit flat, maybe you used dodge/burn for shading but it works much better to mix your own colours. The gray areas also look like desaturated gray to me, that totally kills the colour in the picture. Always use a colour that is almost totally desaturated if you need gray but never pure 0% saturation photoshop gray :)

The costume design is really cool though! :beer:

perfecti
04-18-2004, 11:24 AM
.. jawine says about colors .. i say about design .. i always liked that kind of style ..:bounce: .. lots of good details .. but i guess right hand is too small ...seems like final fantasy style .. :applause:

xseedx
04-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey i really like your design, you seem to have mighty painting skills :D

but what i would want, is more contrast and more color variation.

Since you didn't say you don't want it, i made a quick over paint (2 min) just to show you what i mean

http://www.optic-studios.com/images/gallery/seed/wonder.jpg

i hope you don't kill me for that...

Seed

naughtyboy
04-18-2004, 02:08 PM
ohh~~~~~~~~
i like the last one,it is a great idea
maybe that's better:beer:
thank bro xseedx,you speak differently

xseedx
04-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Glad when it helped to inspire you a bit :D

Seed

OrcOYoyo
04-19-2004, 12:01 AM
I like both versions. maybe the more contrast realy would help the picture to get even better.
Only thing i dont get is why the glow of the sword is redish.
i think it doesn'T fit that well since there is no reason why a golden not glowing sword would emit red light.

But the details and the whole character design are great.

LuWeeWu
04-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Id love to see this character in 3D

sean7782
04-20-2004, 07:29 PM
I think that it could use a background of different coloring than white, maybe something darker to set the mood. Unless of course you are just going for the illustration of the character only, so if it is that case, disregard what I said ;) ... I like it a lot though!

Later....Sean

binbag
04-21-2004, 01:30 PM
I like it. I do think that the one xseedx has edited does look better, but fresh eyes allways help. Anyway theres not much more I can say until I have proved I have any work to show.

I supose I do have a website, duh

heiesuke
04-22-2004, 05:48 AM
wow, the contrast seed showed makes it look 3 x dope. nice job on the character.

brkofdon
04-22-2004, 06:55 AM
superd design work! xseedx really gave it some oomph, which is great! not much crits over here. really creative costume/clothing design~

CreatorBox
04-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Wow, a samurai looking angel. Now that's original and unique~ Time well spent I'll say, lots of details in there. The red glow is not necessary i think, looks kinda weird too me that only the lower part of the sword is glowing. Other than that, I can only say WOW! Cant wait to see your next artwork. :thumbsup:

fusionm
05-17-2004, 10:27 AM
wow! good work! nice design!

syous
05-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Looks like an ancient god with some American continent relation, capable of both protection and destruction, faceless when delivering reward and wraith

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

cr0ss
05-17-2004, 06:09 PM
great armor and work, pal.
mystic :p
a little bit strange, but wonderful.
lots of details. I like the wings, because of the feathers. maybe an indian god. his arm is a little bit thin, I think. (doesn't matter)
:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.