PDA

View Full Version : Girl laying down

crpcory
04-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Used old version of Photoshop, trying to get my 2d skills back up.. i've been neglecting them like a bad little 3d artist.

http://homepage.mac.com/crpcory/GirlwCat.jpg

baoling
04-17-2004, 09:45 AM
She looks very realistic. But some of the parts looks a bit "bumpy", maybe u have to smooth it...

crpcory
04-17-2004, 03:15 PM
right... i think when 'painting' i really don't like a completely smooth look unless it's really a surreal image to begin with... i guess i just figure if i want it that 'good' i'll just take a photo..

But thanks :) i see your point

keight
04-18-2004, 02:42 AM
I particularly like the portrait of the cat, and it's "prop". You've captured quite a bit of personality and emotion in that "simple (NOT) shape".

Seriously, I like the whole piece. It looks a bit stiff, but you're knocking the rust off of those 2D muscles.

crpcory
04-18-2004, 05:18 AM
haha.. alright.. i hate to not seem with, and maybe it's because i'm from the east coast but the whole "prop" and 'Shape (NOT)' thing is going over my head

i get the rest of it though... thanks ;)

keight
04-18-2004, 06:01 AM
I particularly like the portrait of the cat, and it's "prop". You've captured quite a bit of personality and emotion in that "simple (NOT) shape".

To explain the inuendo and local slang:

The cat is obviously the main subject of this portrait, while the lovely young lady is just there to assist the cat in posing comfortably, as in property, or theatre/movie set decoration. Or, as in this case, she is supporting the cat's body, or proping it up.

In the phrase "simple (NOT) shape", the word "NOT" is pronounced forcefully, and in such a way that, by itself, it absolutely contradicts the term "simple shape". The shape of the cat's body, to the untrained eye, is a simple as the shape of a hot-dog, or frankfurter. In reality, it is no such thing, and you've captured it beautifully.

Hope this explanation helps. One of these days I might just learn that slang and puns are regional, not national/continental.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.