PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Destroyed Mall Scene...

sean7782
04-17-2004, 04:50 AM
Hello all, one of my first few posts here, please let me know what everyone thinks of this. All work was done in Photoshop CS. I am currently working on integrating this into an animated sequence using Maya Fluids and particle systems. I am posting the original photo I took for reference and the final mall scene file. Any and all comments/suggestions/questions are more than welcome...

http://personal.southern.edu/~amlaners/MallScene-originalphoto.jpg

http://personal.southern.edu/~amlaners/MallScene.jpg

Later....Sean Amlaner

Email: sean7782@yahoo.com

Kaffein
04-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Nice job Blanko Nino! Because I like it so much I'm not gonna ruin your post with crazy smiley faces on crack.

Only comment I have is that the flower pot at the very bottom in the middle sorta looks like it's floating. Maybe if there was a slight shadow or something. Notice in the original picture how dark it gets on the pot right before the ground.

jeroentje
04-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Wow, you did an excellent job here. Very, very good work :)
My only crit would be that the stairs look way too clean. And I would expect more dust in a scene like this.
But it is very well done.

sean7782
04-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks Kaffein and Jeroentje, I will take into account those suggestions and make those changes. Please keep up the comments :) ...

Later....Sean A

WINGS4ME3D
04-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Wow beautiful work. only thing bothering me is, alot of rust, that leads me to believe it was destroyed quite awhile ago. if thats the case you might add some chips and cracks to that overhang, it is too clean and untouched. maybe rain streaks from the hole in the roof. and it seems to me that the escalator and the area at the bottom of it should be twisted or banged up a little more.
maybe vegitation growing along the escalator or through some cracks. like i said great work, i am only pointing out what i think it would look like. keep it up, i would love to see your animation when it is done also, could you tell us how this mall met its doom?

Urrgos
04-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Great work, sean7782. I agree with jeroentje and Kaffein, as the stairs and pots were the only things that jumped out at me as places for potential improvement. A little more floating dust or debri in the light beams might look kinda neat too. Anyways, great lighting and execution of your concept. Excellent stuff!

Urrgos

BurrowingDuck
04-19-2004, 11:56 PM
this is really nice stuff. the only problem areas are the lighting on the I beam on the lowerleft and the plant pot near the escalators. The lighting on the I-beam makes it look very out of place (probably mostly due to the harsh shadow it has on the inside edges but lack of shadow otherwise. This messes with depth perception too, so I can't really tell how big and far away it's supposed to be. the flower pot is very strange.floating slightly above the ground. really love the rest.

surrealgfx
04-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Well i agree with the above comments but, i think that you did an excellent job with major dirt now you need a refined pass dust and cracks and scratches on the railing and such. Fine detail is what it is lacking, it seems dirty yet clean like a strategic mess, ie: things thrown everywhere in a rage, it dosent appear like this was caused naturally. But, you are off to a great start.

sean7782
04-20-2004, 01:28 AM
I wondered about the beam in the bottom left area of the picture, but wanted to hear if anybody else saw anything wrong with it, as I wasn't sure if I was just stuck on it being wrong (having stared at it for quite a few hours :) ... Thanks! Keep the comments coming!

Later....Sean

ambas
04-20-2004, 02:44 AM
that is amazing. but the plants sorta stand out..

have thier leave shreaded, burned or sumthing..

SeanE
04-20-2004, 03:03 AM
brilliant! - but to me the plants would be dead after so much destruction and mayhem.

do you here that noise in the distance?...

that's 10 000 15 year old girls screaming "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! - NOT the MALL!!!.....

:D

Sean

prasa
04-20-2004, 11:42 AM
very good .. especially the water bellow

sean7782
04-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Does anybody think that the railings have anything weird looking about them? Just curious :) ... Thanks for all of the comments! I am hoping to get a new version (using these suggestions) up and posted in the next few days (probably towards the end of the week)... Keep it coming!!

Later....Sean

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.