PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Lamborghini Countach

Ollarin
04-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Mello!

Here's a model of Lamborghini Countach i made a month back. And i just rendered it yesterday.

To tell you the truth, it wasnt meant to be detailed. I made it to learn the basics of car modelling. Bu the render came out better than i thought (At least with my skill:p). So i though i'd post it.

Lamborghini (http://picserver.org/view_image.php/D234242Z21ZL/picserver.jpeg)

It was modelled in Wings 3D, and rendered in Truespace 4.3.

And i know its awfull. But heck, if i post it. I'd get more critics, which would help me improve! :D

*People look at render and weep with horror*:rolleyes:

Sully
04-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey man you got to start somewhere!! Yu need to pay closer attention to your reference.Your models edges are to blocky,try chamfering a few edges and and smooting a few planes, that should improve it to start with. Its a good idea when you start to model some thing to Keep the mesh as simple as possible and add the details on later dont worry about lighting and shit like that until your happy with your model, it will slow your woprkflow down and yur viewport if you start to add lights and materials to early. I like to break the model down into chunks so I can consentrate on one thing at a time then I merge the seperate elements into a master scene where I begin lighting tests etc....

Ollarin
04-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Ahhh...Thanks for the tips Sully! I didn't use any bevels on the edges (Didn't even think of it.:scream: ) Thanks again!

I have a real problem to get a smooth curve at the sides of objects. (Like a mudguard of a car). Have you got any suggestions for those? :hmm:

slackjaw10
04-16-2004, 07:17 PM
It obviously needs a lot of work, but at least it's not the billionth Murcielago or Gallardo. WHERE ARE THE DIABLOS, PEOPLE!?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.