PDA

View Full Version : female character with environment

logotomie
04-16-2004, 01:33 PM
I guess i call this finished now, getting burned out a bit on this. Name is "Prey"
Plain Max Rendering with photon mapping, Postprocessing in Photoshop. Bitmap textures are only used for the heads.

Character is supposed to be animateable. It is linked with CharacterStudio and this is what i used for the posing too.

Background and girl were rendered separately.

Now punish me ;-)

http://www.janjordan.de/prey.jpg

LuWeeWu
04-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Wow:applause: I honestly dont see enything to crit. Did you touch it up in photoshop or did the sword render like that? How did you do her hair?

edit- Now that i look at it again I have to agree with the others about the facial expressions and the hand holding the severed head. It might be intersting to get rid of the severed head and put her hand on her hip. You wouldnt need to change her facial expression after that.

Cheers:beer:

Kuri
04-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Nice pic, everything is well modeled, but the fact is she really looks stupid, or mad, or twice :p

MacLeod
04-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Ok nice modelling and texturing i think the girl is pretty good.
I have some crits though. First of all i don't like the environment and how the girl is standing in it (but hey....that's just my opinion).
Second of all the way the girl holds the guy's head don't looks good to me perhaps you can do some work on the head (for a chopped off head it looks pretty clean).

Keep it up man!!!!
Cheers,
MacLeod

xcvbnm
04-16-2004, 05:14 PM
The char is great overall... :thumbsup:
This may not be your only render I guess, but still I'd say few things ....
1. The body is good, fingers and hands are small.
2. Expression is freaky, dont think she'd smile like that after cutting a head :eek:
3. The head seems to stick to her hand by itself, it should hv been grabbed by hair perhaps.
4. She appears to be king kong sized in front of that env.
5. Rest looks fine to me.... ;)

kilroy
04-17-2004, 08:27 AM
:thumbsup: looks good the only thing i saw that might be needed is some blood dripping out of the severd heads neck, and mayby have him held by the hair, thats all i got

eljofa
04-17-2004, 08:43 AM
first

good job,

second (crits)

the girl has a very weird pose , her facial expression
is very weird, cuz she doesnt look like a head hunter
she does look a little twisted but thats all

the background needs much more work

enjoy and thanks

eljofa

CGLearner
04-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Pretty good :thumbsup:

Just one detail that I noticed hasn't been mentioned.

If she just beheaded someone, would her sword be that clean?? (Maybe she is one of those obsessive compulsive people who has to clean things as she goes :D )

sacrefredo
04-17-2004, 11:44 AM
really nice modeling !!
problem of shadows in the hair! and model over-exposed compared to general environment finally, especially with the sky

but it's a good job :)

logotomie
04-17-2004, 09:10 PM
thank you for the feedback :-)
About the background....I am completely not happy with it, there are lots of problems with it, dont like the sky, lighting does not fit with the girl, cheap boxy wall effect. Actually i did the background in a rush after i did the pose and its simply what happens if you dont plan your scene carefully...
One thing i cant figure out is why this kind of wall only works as a mountain. (What in conjunction with the camera position makes the girl a giant..) I think that the background is a "cul de sac" and thats why i call the image finished. But still most people i showed it liked the version with bad environment better than the girl without environment.

LuWeeWu: The sword got a glow in photoshop, shag hair was used for the hair.

maxman: Could you tell me more about the shadow problem in the hair? I am not sure i know what you mean. Do you talk about the girls or the guys hair?

About the girl: yeah, could use more blood... on the blade, out of the mouth of the head and on the floor.
If you find her expression weired or slightly mad then i probably succeeded. The title of the picture is "prey". She won the game and is presenting her trophy. So i made her smile but left her eyes out of the smile.
Making her grip the head on the hair woud improve the image truly..

Thank you again for your suggestions, next image will be better ;-)

Plays_4_Pants
04-18-2004, 01:13 PM
What the F*ck.

Seriously, did a women travel to cyber land, kill someone then clean her sword, washed her clothes, recycled the body and PineSol-ed the blood stains from the ground? Then did she set her camera up with timer and tripod and pose happily for a picture with the head? Oh, did I mention that (according to her chest) it is quite nipply outside in cyber land.

No joke though, think about content next time. Holy cr*p think about content.

and why did that chic kill Gary Busey anyway. I think he's a good actor. He kinda plays the same role over again, but that's no reason to chop his neck off.

LuWeeWu
04-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Plays_4_Pants-
What the F*ck

I think that was uncalled for. If you have comments you should be able to find a more professional or at least curtious way to get them across. I think you should check the rules for posting another time.

MainlineX
04-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Nice work!!! Good modelling!!!

DJ Scorchio
04-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Plays_4_Pants' comment was kinda harsh for what is deffinatly not a technically inept image, but he does have a few good points, although not overly well put (did kinda make me smirk mind ;))
So yea, if you changed a few things this could be really great! The background, well, its kinda been said already, kinda wierd that it gets lighter further back by the way, but yea, it does kinda look like you just needed some kind of background and also wanted to play around with some method of making that blocky effect (kinda like the guy that won the alienware challenge maybe? :shrug:)
And yea, changing the way the hand grips the hair would do a lot of good, that said, i do kinda like the pose and her face, just add a lot of splatter and it would look pretty great :) The woman looks very well modelled, the main torso is great (belt texture is a little odd mind) but anyways, ive babbled long enough now...

Dave Black
04-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Plays_4_Pants:

That sort of talk is not welcome here. Consider yourself warned.

-Dave

brogh
04-19-2004, 07:05 PM
love this girl !

also like the cut head concept :P

rocks

logotomie
04-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Plays_4_Pants: Hey, its not Gary Busey! But he got killed the same reason for, Gary gets killed for sometimes: his face :-) (I like Gary though)

Yeah, if you go "Kill Bill" you should go all the way. Blood is missing a lot.

The alienware winner was indeed the trigger for the background idea, as was the "sky lady" image posted here and other images.

Thank you again for your support and feedback.

etni3s
04-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Nice work man :applause: :bowdown:
Wireframe?

Kanga
04-20-2004, 05:05 PM
logotomie

How could I punnish you for such a great model? The anatomy is spot on, hair has volume an shine,... great stuff!

You have brought seperate elements together an it looks like that. Your lighting is too even which despite the shine (which is great) on her clothes makes your image flat.

Pose and composition are horizontal and verticle which makes it static. Look for the big lines in your comp by half closing your eyes,... get some diagonals in there for dramatic movement.

Her expression is incredulouse which doesn't detract from her beauty but doesn't lend anything to the story. Her hand are a bit too small.

The guys head is floating like a baloon and she is stopping it from floating away, let her hang onto some strands and hang it from an angle, a severd head is pretty heavy, let her pose reflect this.

I would make her some leggings with the same material as the wrist guards and give her some radical pointy shoes that add to her dangerous disposition. She has happy camping feet at the moment.

Your background doesn't fit with the scale of things, if you had of put a bunch of inch high centurions at her feet and left her out of the picture it would have fit better, also blur your background out to give depth of field.

Having said all that,.... I sure would like to have dinner with her when she gets off work (if she leaves the can opener at home of course:rolleyes: ).

Great modelling,... can't wait for the next one!
Greetings Kanga

gunslingerblack
04-20-2004, 10:03 PM
ok so the samurai sword looks like a butter knife, she looks psychotic (which is ok if that's what you were going for) and she's palming the guys head like a basketball instead of holding it by the hair?? an interesting technique did she put magnets in her hands and he's got a metal plate in his head?

LuWeeWu
04-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Looks like we got another smart@$$
an interesting technique did she put magnets in her hands and he's got a metal plate in his head?

Come on people! If your gunna post what you think at least include suggestions for improvement along with the sarcastic comments.

TomerEp
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Looks Evil

logotomie
04-21-2004, 09:27 PM
here is a wireframe of the character, teeth and eyeballs left out, subdivision switched off.http://www.janjordan.de/wire.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.