PDA

View Full Version : Character: Realistic Male Head

effects
04-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Give me your opinion!

http://www.lestitans.ca/steve/Ubisoft/Frank_Masson.jpg

Keiyentai
04-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Wow. Verry nice. The texture is amazing. Verry detailed.

zachgrachan
04-16-2004, 12:16 AM
excellent wrinkles and stubble. The upper lip looks a little off though, but I can't pick out anything specific about it - so it must be close. out of curiosity, how'd you do the eyebrows?

limkinkwan
04-16-2004, 06:11 AM
very cool for the texture man...!!!
Very detail but the face is a bit dull and too noisy, can you tell me a bit how make the texture? photo or photoshop?Thanks ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

danne82
04-16-2004, 06:29 AM
donīt think his eyes look as realistic as the rest of the head... looks a bit lifeless or something canīt tell exactly what it is... anyway great working:buttrock:

Sqwall
04-16-2004, 09:18 AM
The only problem I see is the eyes. The texture is great.

jairaj
04-16-2004, 09:56 AM
wow :drool:
can u post your wire ?

Perkar
04-16-2004, 12:57 PM
nice work... waiting for wire

JRGauthier
04-16-2004, 01:38 PM
I can't see your pic...Maybe the link is broken?

StephanD
04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
http://www.lestitans.ca/steve/Ubisoft/Frank_Masson1.jpg

Superbe vraiment!

effects
04-16-2004, 02:34 PM
The eye is a bit so reflective, Y look about that! My texture si made with photoshop, I never use image! I send my wire and a sample of my texture! Enjoy!

http://www.lestitans.ca/steve/Ubisoft/masson_wire.jpg

http://www.lestitans.ca/steve/Ubisoft/Masson_tete_color_LZ.jpg

xcvbnm
04-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Excellent Head there....
:beer:
Great textures...

As others say, eyes need more detailed texture and better reflections
(they looklike glass in 3/4 view especially)
The skin looks a bit dry, needs more wetness and translucency...
Theres some texture streching on sides of the nose...
Anyway cool head......
Saving.......

CGMOJO
04-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi Excellent work-

Recommended improvements:

Eye material shader needs more of a wet look-
Bring more wetness to the eye reduce/change the wide reflection. Makes the eye look grey. Add a bit more specular breakup and eyelash to the lower lid.

Undereye needs to be changed in hugh and clarity-
The bit beneath the eye looks blurred and the purple hugh is a bit much (Unless he is extremely tired, malnurished and or ill)
The wrinkles here need to be cleaner and more aparent to match the wrinkles on the sides of his eyes.

Top of head-
If the top of his head is not going to be covered with hair or another object, the U'vs/textures Need to be reworked. Hard to see this clearly from this angle, however it does appear that there is a bit of pinching at the top.

Eyebrows need to go a bit higher or brow a bit lower. Eyebrows are not placed correctly on the brow. Eyebrows to long/thick in the middle of his brow. These should be shorter/thinner.

Upper lip needs to be retextured/lighted. The specularity here is poor.

There is a lighting problem most apparent in the model shot on the right just above the lip.

Remove the brown spot in the fron of top portion of where the ear connects.

Put more light in where the eye is closest to the nose. This area is far to dark.

Can't wait to see a revision! This is already a wonderful piece- Great work.

kilroy
04-17-2004, 08:19 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: that is awsome, texture is perfect, model looks great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

effects
04-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Thank you CGMOJO four your help! Is very difficult to optain a realistics eye. And you can use translucidity inside softimage xsi software. Because, I have search about SSS Subscater and, the shader control is very hard. If your have many technique about this process, help me! Sorry for my english, i am just a french guy! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.