PDA

View Full Version : Characters : Alternatives

alxcote
04-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi, one of my latest work. Used Painter.
The meaning is mostly about the choices you make in you life, the alternatives...

Have any questions or critiques, go for it !

alx

http://www.alxcote.com/images/Alternatives-Normal.jpg

hesido
04-16-2004, 12:09 AM
good work!
it might probably have to do with the style but I noticed the right shoe doesn't seem to fit to how the foot should come down normally, the foot seems bent very much.Then again, maybe it is meant to be that way :)

RandomThoughts
04-16-2004, 12:09 AM
I think I need to study symbols again... the table with a guy and demon on opposite side, the umbrella, the numbers on the helmet, any meanings to these? This is the first time I have to stop and think what the artist of the drawing is trying to tell us, instead of analyzing how the artist do the brush stroke, line work or color scheme.

Pretty deep stuff, don't tell me because they just look cool, hehe... :surprised

alxcote
04-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah well, i've explained that in the past but my paintings are representative of my toughts and beliefs. They're not ment to be seen with a realistic eye but with a moral one. Therefore not to be judged from any angle on reality but just the beauty in itself.

As for the meaning of every detail in the piece... well you can make up your own explanations ( that's what i would suggest youo ) or i could always give you my view. Is that what you want ?

thanks for the appreciation. :beer:

alx

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.