PDA

View Full Version : character: the giant

bobtronic
04-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi,

I like to show you my latest character. I call him "The Giant".
I hope you like it.

http://home.snafu.de/bobtronic/images/giant.jpg

created with Wings3D and Cinema4D

have fun, Bob

crpcory
04-15-2004, 09:56 PM
i actually rather quite like this. It's really simple but i think it works overall. I'd love to see this animated, kind of a friendlier 'the thing' from fantastic four.

ken0
04-15-2004, 11:59 PM
:) Very Cool...i like it...

I have to mention that the eyes are off - i mean they are not looking at the same point, try to study a little eye simetry... ;)

flingster
04-16-2004, 12:01 AM
those eyebrows and the chunky nature of the fella remind me of the thing from the comics..:thumbsup:

(EDIT: oops...seems someone already mentioned the thing...:blush: )

JoelOtron
04-16-2004, 03:43 AM
Interesting. Is he supposed to be a monolithic structure/statue? Maybe add some dirtynuts (dirt in 8.5) to break up the texture a bit. Maybe duplicate the mesh and drop it under the Atom deformer to add superstructure? Just a thought.

bobtronic
04-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks all for looking and comments.

I have always the same problem to make the eyes not looking
cross-eyed :( I will try to fix it. (are there some general tips
to avoiding this?)

JoelD: I will try to dirten it up.

cheers, Bob

Sinister
04-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I saw an tutorial loong time ago about makin the eyes rotation linked to a helper so they always pointed at it. It then easy to set the eyes looking at a specified point, even in animation.

Jimmy_Dublo
04-16-2004, 10:38 AM
This rally reminds me of Ben Grimm in fantastic four.

lol Hes cool.

Anadin
04-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Put a target expression on both eyes and point it at a null, then place the null at the point where the eyes are looking. Both eyes pretty much always focus on one point so this looks best..

Perkar
04-16-2004, 12:36 PM
i like it. but you should add sth on env... what else... you can make it darker now looks weird with this textures, everything is to monohromatic... make more then one gradient of colours...

bobtronic
04-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi,

Thanks for further comments and critiques. I made some slight
changes on the pic. The eyes should be ok now and I added some
dirt (only a little bit).

Perkar: thanks for the tip. my next pic will be not so monochromatic.

http://home.snafu.de/bobtronic/images/giant02.jpg

cheers, Bob

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.