PDA

View Full Version : Beast of Burden - Character/Contraption - Culann

Culann
07-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Well, I finally decided to join the fray, although I have to admit I'm feeliing a bit uneasy about it. Unlike many of you, I'm no professional, but I'm trying to do my best. :hmm:

I have settled on a design for my BoB, and intend to show it fully as soon as I get the first mock-up of the composition as a whole together. I have something unusual in mind, so it may take me some time.

So, for now, here's a facial study of the face of my BoB, although I'm considering changing the texture eventually.

dfr98
07-15-2002, 05:37 AM
Looks cool:thumbsup: Keep it up:beer:

Stygian
07-15-2002, 06:45 AM
I like it and I know how you feel about being a non pro it took me watching 3-4 challenges before working up the nerve to post my stuff . The artist on this board are great though they will give you constructive crits when you need them and most of the time give examples or links to tutorials. Keep it up . :thumbsup:

Culann
07-15-2002, 05:44 PM
Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them. :)

I will post some more WIP's in the future, to show that I have indeed been doing something. Truth be told, I worked a lot on my creature and I'm currently doing some anatomical studies of it. As much as I love the humouristic entries this month, mine will be somewhat more serious in theme. We'll see how it turns out, I'll do what I can.

I'm aware of the fact that there isn't much to see yet, but that'll change soon. :wip:

Culann
07-20-2002, 02:36 PM
Alright, time for an update of sorts.

I'm afraid it's rather unimpressive, since it doesn't show a harness or the intended contraption. But considering it's just a pose study, meant as a template for the final composition, it doesn't exactly need those details.

There are some faults in the anatomy and the expression will most likely change eventually. I have already started the final image, but it's too big for my scanner and hence I'll have to go the photograph way.

It's supposed to be an arboreal creature, it'll haul the contraption up a tree using vines as support.

Anyway, here it goes :)

apaparone
07-31-2002, 12:59 PM
I know it is difficult, but it is a question of will and work!
keep up the good work
cheers:beer:

Culann
08-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Thanks Apaparone!

Alright, time to show what I've done...

It may appear very amateurish to you, and it's certainly no match for works like Kirt's or Timo's. But you see, this is the first time I've worked on a challenge entry, and I'm not exactly using digital means to polish my pics every day....so please keep that in mind :)

I also abandoned the non-humouristic path, because I just didn't feel like continuing the more seriously themed contraption.

Ok, first, two detail views because, well, the final entry appears somewhat smaller.

Culann
08-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Nr.2

Culann
08-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Here's my final entry....

Sorry there is no background, I have one done (as you can see in detail view 1), but had I included it in the final pic, the file size would have been too large for posting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.