PDA

View Full Version : Jack in a box!

Shadow Spoon
04-15-2004, 03:52 PM
http://www.blommer.frac.dk/pics/Nar_12.jpg
I started with the jack in a box, and the rest sort of came to me along the way.
All the textures are Mayas build-in, ecxept the pictures on the box that comes from some old pictures I've made.
I would love some crit
In advance thanks!:bounce:

TumikSmacker
04-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Nice Start :D

Add some colour to the wall and border :)

My two cents.

CGmonkey
04-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Man this is pretty good. But you could put more effort into texturing and lighting.

You can really play with some dramatic feelings. It seems like thrown away toys, right? After years of playing with the toys they're now discarded. Make them look worn out, gruffy edges, pale colors. You can really go wild. But since you posted this in Finished Gallery I assume you wont do any more work on it :)

Or peraps they're just new toys taused in the corner before bedtime? You could put more colors on the wall and stuff to illustrate a childrens room :)

It's the details that will make a picture stand out to be REALLY great :)

Keep up the great work :beer:

Shadow Spoon
04-16-2004, 07:57 PM
hey thanks for the crit!
I have closed the project because i ended up being getting seek from seeing the same scene over and over again.

>TumikSmacker:
Yeah you are probably right about some colors would have made the corner more lively and a bit more like the corner in a childs room (maybe some nice dots in different colors!:) )

>CgMonkey:
Well..... it wasn't my intention to make it look like thrown away toys but just the toy getting some rest while the child is for supper or something like that. But it would have been cool with some patina!

Just a question: How do you like the carpet tex.? And how would you have done it?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.