PDA

View Full Version : Combustion, make an image shake

laurence000
04-15-2004, 02:13 PM
I have a targa image with an alpha channel. I want this image to shake, like if there was turbulence on a plane. Is there anyway to do this besides doing it manually, cause I want a reaaly smaal shaking, just so the viewer feels that it is moving.
Thanks
Lau

dg
04-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi,

You can either use expressions or math operations for that.

For expressions select the layer, select one of it's axis, click the Exp. Browser button and select the Radom formula as a starting point for instance.

Expressions, will not create keyframes, the animation will be based on a formula, unless you convert it to keyframes, by right clicking the axis that is being driven by the expression (E).

As for Math Operations you have to create a bunch of keyframes, select them all and in the Math Op panel you add a Randomize, apply it and mess a bit with the interpolation, and it's done.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
dg

Jack Pfeiffer
04-22-2004, 08:55 AM
Hello..

There is a free tutorial on using Cv3 Expressions to do this type of thing over at FXGuide.com.... See:

http://www.fxguide.com/fxtips-194.html

regards,

jack
denmark

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.