PDA

View Full Version : [character] Lady Al'lende

peachysticks
04-15-2004, 04:56 AM
An RPG character portrait of an elf lady, though her ears are missing ;) The background was inspired by a Jean-Marc Nattier painting. Photoshop and Painter. C&C will be appreciated though I probably won't work on this anymore... anyway, it was a fun picture to do. I tried to be more adventurous with my colour palette. Thanks for looking. :)

http://www.stickydoodle.com/images/cass/cassidy_640.jpg

Close up:

http://www.stickydoodle.com/images/cass/cassidy_detail.jpg

matsuru
04-15-2004, 05:23 AM
O.O woo...this is a nice piece...very oil-lish ^^

maybe a touch of airbrush here n there got improve abit? i mean can blend some color smoother.

overall is a very nice illustration.:love:

peach4at
04-15-2004, 08:58 AM
wow, i like her dress especially the folding and the background - although it could use some more depth. thumbs up for colors and shading. pose and body is ok but to be honest she does not look like an elf! i think the reason are nose and eyes... however great pic! :thumbsup:

Urrgos
04-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Nice work, peachysticks. Good job with the various textures and shapes, although I agree with peach4at that some elements require a little more depth. Your anatomy is quite good, except the right hand which appears to be a bit twisted (the wrist appears to be too far back). The detailing on the chair is very nice, and has some nice fluid shapes. I don't pick up the whymsical feel that one would expect from a typical fantasy drawing, but I think that is because the colors, shapes, and details are very classical in nature. A little more thought into the composition can help alleviate that type of thing. Great work overall!

Urrgos

peachysticks
04-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Urrgos: I had problems with the hand on the hip, I looked at myself in the mirror for the ref but I guess it still came out a wee bit funky. ;)

I don't pick up the whymsical feel that one would expect from a typical fantasy drawing, but I think that is because the colors, shapes, and details are very classical in nature

Yeah, but then again I like something other than the "typical fantasy". ;) Maybe if I add another moon in the sky, change her hair style so you can see her pointy ears, and add some random glowing sparklies? :D :p

plastictree
04-15-2004, 11:38 PM
OH HOOOOooo so nice:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.