PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Nview (monitor and TV as dual monitors)

LocoMan
04-14-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm learning XSI with the Exp. version but I'm having a little problem (more of an annoyance than a problem, though). I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 card and I'm using Nview to use the TV out as a second monitor with the option to treat them as separate video cards (so that the windows toolbars stay on my monitor and don't stretch to the other TV and when I maximize programs they also stay only on the monitor). Everything works good there but there's one little thing in XSI, when I maximize it it seems to overrule that setting and go to the TV. There's no problem with the bars on the side (they stay on the monitor) but the one in the bottom (the timeline and the little bar where I can see what the different mouse buttons do in whatever mode I'm on) stretch to the TV out so I can't see it complete.

I know that I can just resize it manually (as has been sugested in other threads I found when searching) and that's what I've been doing, but I'd like to know if there's anyone else here that has had something simmilar and found a way to fix it, or if there's a way to create a layout where the bottom bar is at a fixed size (1600 on my case since I'm using 1600x1200 right now, 2240x1200 including the TV out).

I included a quick screenshot I just took (it's heavily compressed, though).. :)

tachy0n
04-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Have you tried creating a new (customised ) layout ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.