PDA

View Full Version : UV mapping nightmare

swardson
04-14-2004, 07:51 AM
Hey all,
I am trying to learn how to texture using UV mapping and let me tell yah its not as easy as it may seem. Obviously am having some trouble so I was wondering if anyone could please help me pin down this problem.
Basicly I have a 747 fuselage and am planning on UV mapping the labels/writing/symbols that go on the side of it. Eventually I would like to make a diffuse, spec, bump map for it as well but I would like to atleast like to get the color part working first. One step at a time.
I have tried cylindrical mapping and 4 sets of planner mapping and am having the same problem. Basicly I set up the UV's in the UV editor with move and sew and what not to get the layout I want. Then I UV snapshot it. Put in the various elemnts in Photoshop and save it out as .tiff. Then I applied a blinn to the fuselage and applied the file texture via stencil to its color channel. Things should then line up. However they are not, in one instance the image is shrunken and placed at the front of the plane, in another instance it is moved down and around. Any help would be awesome as I am getting frusterated.

Thanks,
Brad

misterdi
04-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Maybe you are working with several UVsets?.

Try to check your UVs linking.

Timefly
04-14-2004, 12:31 PM
just a fast suggestion..try a .tga instead, had some issues a good while back with .tiff which didnt line up...for some reason still unknown to me

T

swardson
04-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Thank you so much misterdi, I was UV linking to the wrong set. It want connecting to the UV set it was connecting to the map1. I dont know what map1 is but when I switched to my UVmap it worked. Thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.