PDA

View Full Version : Hi I have a dedicated 3d video game artist message board.

JamieF
01-29-2002, 01:45 PM
Hi folks,

My name is Jamie Field and I have been working in the games industry for 2.5 years now. My first title was Microsoft Train Simulator and I am currently working on the PS2 version of Reign of Fire.

I dont want to tread on anyone's toes here but I have had a video game artist forum up and running for a few months now. I believe that between myself and cg channel we can be a truly great resource for video game artists the world over.

My forum currently has a 50/50 mix between professionals and amateurs and deals with all aspects of video game art creation. If you can spare 5 mins and are interested the url is :-

http://www.jamiefield-online.com

Once there head onto the FORUM section.

I apologise to Cgchannel for what must seem like blatant advertising on their great Forum but I really am not trying to be in any kind of competition. I am just glad that at last video game artists are catered for by great sites such as Cgchannel.

Many thanks
JAMIE FIELD
3d Graphic Artist { Reign of Fire - PS2 }
Kuju Entertainment Ltd
London - UK

JamieF
01-29-2002, 04:02 PM
As an aside, for those interested, VERY early screenshots of my next project can be seen at :-

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2818204,00.html

These are screenshots of a early tech demo we did for BAM. Needless to say we secured the contract and are feverishly working on the finished article.

The screenshots are VERY early and the stuff we have now is light years ahead. :)

Many thanks
JAMIE FIELD
3d Graphic Artist { Reign of Fire - PS2 }
Kuju Entertainment Ltd
London - UK

dobermunk
01-30-2002, 04:50 PM
and a damn good one at that!

cgTalk has also propogated Spiraloid in the past, there may even be cooperation possibilities...

Competition good, Napster baaad...

David

Jean Eric
01-30-2002, 05:02 PM
I don't mind letting you promote your Forum on CG Talk, but maybe you could give us a bit of promotion on your own in exchange... :)

I think it's only fair.

JamieF
01-30-2002, 05:19 PM
I have Jean since day one of the CGtalk gamedev forum.

:)

Many thanks
JAMIE FIELD
3d Graphic Artist
Kuju Entertainment Ltd.

Wafer
01-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi guys, Jamie have we met? I've been to Kuju a couple of times. I'm over at EA Canada now... Anyway the games artist forum seems to have dissapeared... So if you're still looking for something like this you can visit www.gameartist.net (http://www.gameartist.net) which is a forum very specifically for games artists, and very niche with purely games industry artists posting and becoming members. It's only been going a few weeks, but has quite a few posts. It`ll never compete with the legendary Cgtalk though!

Cheers
Kev

DeathTrip
01-24-2005, 12:38 AM
you do realize you bumped a thread thats 3 years old...right?

JamieF posts at cgchat.com now, btw.

Ceccotti
01-24-2005, 02:22 AM
Wafer why would you work for the most evil game company in the world! PLEASE for the sake of the rest of us true gamers seek employment elsewhere.

ch3mical
01-24-2005, 02:39 AM
Wafer why would you work for the most evil game company in the world! PLEASE for the sake of the rest of us true gamers seek employment elsewhere.

$$$$$$$$$$

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.