PDA

View Full Version : Prob with merge vertex...

Prodygy
04-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi all! I have little question and...please help me!!!
I have modelled head and character body separately...
When i try to connect neck vertex with body vertex and then merge all these vertex...in the rendering i can see "orrible visible connection edge"! Why? I have tried many times with other polygons and there aren't visible edge, but all vertex are perfectly
fused with mesh. Please help me! Very very thx!

lazzhar
04-13-2004, 02:34 PM
You have to soften the edges from the edit poly|normal (cannot remember coz i dont have maya right now)

Prodygy
04-13-2004, 02:52 PM
No...Prob is not there! I had already soften edge with Soften/Harden edge option/ All SoftEdge - 180. NOTHING!
I can see these bad connection edges!!! I have apply some material to combined mesh, i have tried with smooth polygon option and...NOTHING! Maya GURU help me!
:cry:

lazzhar
04-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Why not share your model? your could send it to me if you want, use my lazzhar@hotmail.com but make sure it's not a big file by compressing it.

misterdi
04-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Have you check normals on those faces?. If the normals is not conform, then merge vertices cannot merge those vertices even though their distance is 0.

Make sure all normals are facing in the same direction, and use display border edge to see whether you have a border edge around those area.

Prodygy
04-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Ok, now all it's ok! I have tried to use polygon cleanup options
and bad visible edges are gone! However some normals in other parts of my model body wasn't correctly. I have solved this prob with "Polygon/Normals/Conform". Now all normals are in right directions!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.