PDA

View Full Version : Making Groves?

RedZep
04-13-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm making a Porsche Carrera GT and am getting close to being done so I figure its time to add the groves for the door and trunk, hood ect. So I made two lines of verts and extruded inwards to make the groves, but when I applide the meshsmooth "Things got hairy" if ya know what I mean? The top segment curved in and the bottom segment stayed the way I wanted it:shrug: So I tried a boolean object, but being as though i'm using planes to make my model it just cut right through it. Besides that I did'nt want my car to be a boolean object. So I was wondering how any of you guys would go about making groves?:bowdown:

Using Gmax for this one. Dont ask why :)

Oh and while i'm asking questions, as is stated above i'm making my car out of planes and as such you get the "look at one side and see it, look at the other and dont" effect. how do you think I should make it non transparent? Make a scale clone and flip the normals? Thanks for your imput.:thumbsup:

RedZep
04-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Oh and how do I post a picture of it so you can get an idea of what i'm talking about?

Wait I figuered it out.

http://home.comcast.net/~joshuamckindle/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

Go Here.

And while your there please sign my guest book.:p

And do you know how to upload an animation to my website? Please e-mail me.

jairaj
04-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Hmm I don't understand your question!

Oh and while i'm asking questions, as is stated above i'm making my car out of planes and as such you get the "look at one side and see it, look at the other and dont" effect. how do you think I should make it non transparent? Make a scale clone and flip the normals? Thanks for your imput.

Can u post a Picture etc. !`?

RedZep
04-14-2004, 02:53 AM
You know how a plane is one sided? Like if you look at the front of a plane you can see it, but if you look at the back of it its like its not there? You know like you can see right through it?

As for a pic, click on the "myhomepage" thing at the bottom of my post and go to " Photos"

RedZep
04-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.