PDA

View Full Version : are Zspheres metaballs ?

cache
04-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Maybe i am a little late with this question
but i have never worked with zbrush, so can't imagine how zspheres work,

so could anyone tell me that zspheres are metaballs or not ?

and if not in what means ?:)
couldnt find proper info...
thx in advance!
bye

dpvtank
04-15-2004, 04:36 AM
they are not metaballs. I don't know how I can expand on that, but they are definately not metaballs. I find them a lot more easier to work with. Not to mention you can pose them very very quickly and when you skin them, the polygon mesh that comes from it will also be posed in that form.

Magnets and whatnot makes zspheres a lot more easier to work with as well.

StephanD
04-15-2004, 12:37 PM
From the little experience I have;

Metaballs:Extremely messy topologic results,keep away AFA modeling is concerned.

Zspheres:Heaven on earth for a Zbrush modeler.

I'd personally say it's closer to extruding than metaballs but with it's own unmatched outstanding features.

Try them!

davijin
04-15-2004, 09:54 PM
zspheres work in about the same way that lofting does. for example: you create an object and then another object and the program links the two together. Using transforms (like scale, translate, and rotate) on either of the objects changes the but zspheres are used as more of a skeleton to create the shape you want your model to be in and then change it into a low-poly model. Im pretty sure that this is how it works but im a zbrush noob also so I could be wrong.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.