imphead
04-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Another one finished...

About 40 to 50 hours, Painter 7.0

http://www.imphead.com/images/jpegs/paperfish.jpg

Brian

coffeepenguin
04-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm a big fan of your work. How did you get on to the whole fish/robot theme? Not much to crit, the robot looks like he might be falling backwards, but it does seem intentional. Nice work.

Urrgos
04-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Very cool image, imphead. I like your clean and realistic style, and the character design is awesome. The lighting is excellent, especially the accuracy of the way that band of light falls across both the character and background. All of the elements are a little odd, which I think is why they end up working together. Great stuff!

Urrgos

Goro
04-12-2004, 12:47 AM
your bots are awesome!
Character is great, Coloring is great, Lighting is great....
nothin to crit. Simply awesome!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

imphead
04-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks all for the responses.

coffeepenguin- Not sure how I started on the whole theme except that I like the "alien, yet very familiar" idiom of the fish, so they tend to crop up in my work a lot. The robots were inspired by a very good friend of mine, Jon Foster, who's got some pretty amazing robots of his own.

Urrgos- I like to throw a lot of non-sequiturs at my viewers and challenge them to make it all work. I feel that art isn't really about me making pictures and you all looking at them as much as it is about the interaction between artist and viewer. So if I can wrangle your interest to the point where you're trying to figure out the story or at the very least my meaning, I've turned you from a passive observer to an active participant making the connection between us, through the art, that much stronger.

Goro- Thanks man!

Leandro-m
04-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Really like the finishing!
What is the final size of your artwork? In inches?

chainjane
04-13-2004, 04:39 AM
About 40 to 50 hours!!!
Cool!!!!

Very nice work!

sparth
04-13-2004, 06:01 PM
very nice imp
the concept and rendering are amazing, as always.

sparth

krisippa
04-13-2004, 07:36 PM
great stuff as always.

imphead
04-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks again all.

Leandro-m: The original size of this work is 6 inches x 8 inches at 300 dpi. It tightens up a whole bunch when I shrink it down for the web.

Chain_Jane: Thanks! And yeah I wish I could slim that time investment down some but so far no luck.

Sparth: Thanks a ton, I'm actually a huuuge fan of your work. Have been for quite some time.

Krisippa: Thanks!

Brian

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.