PDA

View Full Version : render to texture

csutcliffe
04-11-2004, 06:01 PM
How do you convert multiple shaders and textures into a single texture for skinning models?

gmask
04-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Colin Sutcliffe
How do you convert multiple shaders and textures into a single texture for skinning models?

If the shaders types are not the same shading model then you can't. For example if one shader is blinn and then other phong then you need to pick one or the other.

Otherwise select each shader and the model and run convert to file textur eand then either create a new shader which uses blend nodes to mux the resulting textures and convert that to a file texture or mix the texture images in a paint program.

csutcliffe
04-11-2004, 06:55 PM
To try out what you said I created a simple cube. I then assigned two different lambert shaders to to it. I selected the cube and the two lambert shaders and in the hypershade I selected convert to file texture. I then received a message saying that only one shading node can be converted.

I am guessing that I must be missing something! Please understand that I have very limited knowledge of texturing withi Maya, and without wishing to sound ungrateful, so I coud really do with you being more descriptive if possible!

gmask
04-11-2004, 07:20 PM
As per my description above you can only convert one shader and one object at a time.

If you have several shaders then you convert each one at a time. Select one shader and one object and convert them then repeat the process for each shader. Then take the results which are images saved in the sourceimages directory and either composite them in photoshop or by connecting blend nodes to the inputs of a new shader and connecting the images that resulted from the earlier conversion to the inputs of the blend node.

csutcliffe
04-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Ok I understand now. In your first reply I thought that you meant that you could render multiple shaders so long as they were of the same type.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.