PDA

View Full Version : Wright way of texturing

abdul rehman
04-11-2004, 01:13 PM
hi there,

I Abdul, I have a problem. Its just the problem of doing things properly. There are many ways of doing things but, one is always better or bad than other one. This is my first project here in 'R and H'. Please help me.

Texture Problem : there is a character in my scene . When the character is lit in daylight, the texture is looking good. You can see the grains, colour variations, and all the detailing on his face. But when the character is lite into the night scene (the basic blue moon light technique is used to make things visible) the texture seem to be washed out . Do there is some specific way to texture any objects or character in 3D, like to put 50% gray sphere beside the character on texturing stage. I am sure I am missing some thing in texturing stage because, these problems had came in my past. But I use to manually tweak the texture in that sunlight, or night light scene specifically some time the contrast or other the texture seems to be too dark because I did texturing by adding more lights and now there are less lights in the final scene. So question arises in my mind that "do there must be only one light when texturing or three point light trick. what you do when texturing. Is this the right way to do texturing.

Please reply.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.