PDA

View Full Version : blendshape part of object

animationking
04-10-2004, 11:38 PM
i modeled out a character (all one onject) and now im doing blendshapes for the face. is there a way to duplicate only some of the object so i dont have the body part of the blenshape. I know i could just duplicate the whole thing and not toch the body vertices, but i want ot keep it clean. Is this possible or do i have to seperate them?

THANX!

JFFORTIN
04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
when l model a charater in one piece .......................what l do is only cut the face as exemple for a blenshapes l do all my blendshapes on that face cuted and after l use a wrap to drive my complete Chaarcter and extract out all the shape on that one ........
hope u understand
:)

animationking
04-11-2004, 12:05 AM
oooooh....good idea! THANX:bounce:

animationking
04-11-2004, 12:50 AM
ok..now i got a new problem...when i do what u said...it goes crazy..this happens:

JFFORTIN
04-11-2004, 01:26 AM
check on u wrap option influence type is 1 by default try 1 u can play with smoothness and drop off to
have fun
:)

yardo
04-11-2004, 06:21 AM
You could make blend shapes on the selected areas of cvs- just like binding skin to bones.

Iotrez
04-11-2004, 08:44 AM
You can seperate the head from the body and then duplicate the head.
Then re-combine the original head with the body by 1st selecting the head(important) and then the body and combining them. (Make sure history not turned off.)

Then merge verts and do a poly smooth.

Then select the duplicated head and then the character and create a blend shape but make sure "check topology is unchecked"

animationking
04-11-2004, 09:26 PM
:bounce: ur a genius iotrez! it works beautifully! thanx!:bounce:

JFFORTIN
04-12-2004, 02:21 AM
Totrez way is ok but it u will keep a some inputs in ur geometry and that is somehtign u sohuld avoid before skinnning ............................to keep ur input as clean as possible is something that help avoindinf bug

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.